The Apache Compress Antlib offers tasks and types for archive and
compression formats. It supports gzip, xz, pack200, lzma, snappy, Unix
.Z, DEFLATE, LZ4, Brotli and bzip2 compression and ar, arj, cpio, tar,
Unix dump, 7z and zip archives.
Version 1.5 catches up with Apache Commons Compress 1.14 and adds
tasks and re-sources for LZ4 and DEFLATE, read-only support for Brotli
and write-support for Snappy and LZMA on top of the read-support
provided by verion 1.4 of this antlib.
Support for the XZ and LZMA compression formats is based on the XZ for
Java library of the Tukaani Project, which is required at runtime in
addition to Commons Compress. Some 7z archives will require LZMA
support and thus XZ for Java as well.
Support for Brotli compression is based on Google's brotli dec
library, which is required at runtime in addition to Commons
The full list of changes:
Changes that Could Break Older Environments:
* The coordinates inside the Ivy file have been changed to match those
of the POM.
* The Apache Compress Antlib now requires Apache Commons Compress 1.14
or later for 7z, DEFLATE, LZ4 and write support for LZMA and
Snappy. XZ for Java 1.6 or later is required for write support for
LZMA. Brotli dec 0.1.2 or later is required for Brotli support. As a
side effect the Compress Antlib now requires Java 7 at runtime as this
is required by Commons Compress 1.14.
* A new keepCompression flag can be used to keep the content compression
methods the same they have been when updating a 7z archive or adding
entries from a sevenzfileset.
* Multiple content compression/encryption/filter methods can now be
specified via nested elements of the sevenz task.
* The gzip task has a new attribute that controls the level of
BugZilla Issue 52414
* Added write support for the LZMA format.
* Added support for the DEFLATE format with and without ZLIB headers.
* Added write support for the Snappy format.
* Added support for the LZ4 format.
* Added read-only support for the Brotli format.
Source and binary distributions are available from the Apache Ant