Ant-Ivy: Publish don't pull declared dependencies

Ant-Ivy: Publish don't pull declared dependencies

maikel van den Hurk
Hi all,

I am wondering if there is already a property or option to avoid downloading of <dependencies> declared in ivy.xml when doing a publication? If there is not yet such property or option available would this be a good extension to put in place?

Bit of background:

Currently whenever you do a publication, a declared dependency within ivy.xml is being first downloaded to your local cache. Basically it should be enough to check if the declared dependency module is present within the defined resolvers, but not download the actual artefacts to your cache. This would result in savings on network traffic and on disk space.

Thanks,

Maikel

Re: Ant-Ivy: Publish don't pull declared dependencies

Jaikiran Pai
As far as I know, the publish task itself doesn't fetch any
dependencies. The dependencies itself are downloaded by a (previous)
resolve task that is invoked separately and explicitly.

-Jaikiran

On 31/07/17 11:32 PM, maikel van den Hurk wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I am wondering if there is already a property or option to avoid downloading of <dependencies> declared in ivy.xml when doing a publication? If there is not yet such property or option available would this be a good extension to put in place?
>

> Bit of background:
>
> Currently whenever you do a publication, a declared dependency within ivy.xml is being first downloaded to your local cache. Basically it should be enough to check if the declared dependency module is present within the defined resolvers, but not download the actual artefacts to your cache. This would result in savings on network traffic and on disk space.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Maikel

Re: Ant-Ivy: Publish don't pull declared dependencies

Gintautas Grigelionis
Actually, dependencies can be downloaded by any post-resolve task [1].
publish is not one of them.

Gintas

[1]
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/use/postresolvetask.html