Ant Unicode

Gintautas Grigelionis
I've found out that ant (🐜) is a Unicode character from 6.0 (2010)
and a part of Emoji 1.0 as well. I wonder if we could have some good use of
ant in red violet (or, actually, #a81c7d) emoji?

And, while we're at that, how about using Nick King's vectorised Ant logo
[1] (which some good folks converted to SVG and put on Wikimedia [2] --
although we'd need a new version with TM and <APACHE ANT> in white to use
on the web site). I'd happily open a PR placing the original EPS and
different variants of SVG in the manual.

Gintas

P.S.: Shouldn't we lobby for an ivy character in Unicode? ;-D

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ant-dev/200202.mbox/%3C3C7E0526.E1BB9EED@...%3E
[2] https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Apache-Ant-logo.svg

Re: Ant Unicode

Stefan Bodewig
On 2018-07-22, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> I've found out that ant (&#x1F41C;) is a Unicode character from 6.0 (2010)
> and a part of Emoji 1.0 as well. I wonder if we could have some good use of
> ant in red violet (or, actually, #a81c7d) emoji?

🐜 which looks quite idfferent from https://unicode-table.com/en/1F41C/
in my xterm :-)

Thank you for sharing.

> And, while we're at that, how about using Nick King's vectorised Ant logo
> [1] (which some good folks converted to SVG and put on Wikimedia [2] --
> although we'd need a new version with TM and <APACHE ANT> in white to use
> on the web site). I'd happily open a PR placing the original EPS and
> different variants of SVG in the manual.

IIRC Nick offered to help with a new logo a while ago.