Quantcast

CreateProcess error=2..... Help needed

raggy
Hi guys,

I'm currently doing an ANT script in eclipse which requires me to work on CVS checkout.

<cvs cvsRoot="${cvs.root}" package="${package}" dest="${cvs.dir}" command="checkout" cvsrsh="ssh" failonerror="true"/>

I think I've configured my script properly, but I'm continuously getting this error

Cannot run program "cvs" (in directory "C:\resource"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

I know that I need to install a CVS client and configure the path but how am I suppose to do that on eclipse??? Kindly please help me out

Re: CreateProcess error=2..... Help needed

Stefan Bodewig
raggy,

this really is a question for the user list, not the mailing list
dealing with the development of Ant.

On 2009-09-16, raggy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Cannot run program "cvs" (in directory "C:\resource"): CreateProcess
> error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

This always means the same thing.  The executable you try to execute is
not on your PATH.  It really should be in the FAQ by now.

> I know that I need to install a CVS client and configure the path but
> how am I suppose to do that on eclipse???

I don't use Eclipse, so I'm not sure.  But I think that you really only
need to ensure your system environment variable Path contains the
directory that contains cvs.exe after you've installed your client.  It
shouldn't matter whether you use Eclipse or the command line to run Ant
in that case (unless Eclipse fiddles with the enviroment, that is).

Re: CreateProcess error=2..... Help needed

raggy
Hi,

Thanks for the info Stefan, but I think I have configured the PATH properly in the Environment Variables. I don't know why it's not being noticed in eclipse. I'm very sorry for posting this topic here.

Stefan Bodewig wrote