Documentation-related issues in Jira

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Documentation-related issues in Jira

Gintautas Grigelionis
Earlier, I wrote about the amount of documentation-related issues in Jira.
There are 27 of them still open [1], and some of them could be closed right
away.
I would be glad to help, but I have no privileges. Is there somebody who
could help me?

Thanks,
Gintas

P.S. I noticed that I misspelled my last name when I created Jira account,
could it be corrected, please?

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20IVY%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened)%20AND%20component%20%3D%20Documentation%20AND%20component%20!%3D%20core
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Documentation-related issues in Jira

Jaikiran Pai
Some of those issues are still relevant. I haven't been able to look at
that complete list, so if you can add a comment in those JIRAs which are
no longer valid, then I can take a look at those specific ones and
review and close them. I'll be able to look at the complete list this
weekend.

-Jaikiran


On 23/08/17 12:12 AM, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> Earlier, I wrote about the amount of documentation-related issues in Jira.
> There are 27 of them still open [1], and some of them could be closed right
> away.
> I would be glad to help, but I have no privileges. Is there somebody who
> could help me?
>
> Thanks,
> Gintas
>
> P.S. I noticed that I misspelled my last name when I created Jira account,
> could it be corrected, please?
>
> [1]
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20IVY%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened)%20AND%20component%20%3D%20Documentation%20AND%20component%20!%3D%20core
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Documentation-related issues in Jira

Stefan Bodewig
In reply to this post by Gintautas Grigelionis
On 2017-08-22, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> I would be glad to help, but I have no privileges. Is there somebody who
> could help me?

I seem to be administrator for the Ivy JIRA Project, I've added both
your accounts (gintas and twogee) to the committers group. I didn't know
which one of these you intend to use.

> P.S. I noticed that I misspelled my last name when I created Jira account,
> could it be corrected, please?

You should be able to do that yourself. At the top right is your avatar
and when you click on it there us a menu. Go to "profile" and the click
the pencil for the details section of the summary.

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Documentation-related issues in Jira

Gintautas Grigelionis
Thanks, somehow I missed the pencil in my profile :-) I'll start commenting
the issues.

Gintas

2017-08-23 7:44 GMT+02:00 Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]>:

> On 2017-08-22, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:
>
> > I would be glad to help, but I have no privileges. Is there somebody who
> > could help me?
>
> I seem to be administrator for the Ivy JIRA Project, I've added both
> your accounts (gintas and twogee) to the committers group. I didn't know
> which one of these you intend to use.
>
> > P.S. I noticed that I misspelled my last name when I created Jira
> account,
> > could it be corrected, please?
>
> You should be able to do that yourself. At the top right is your avatar
> and when you click on it there us a menu. Go to "profile" and the click
> the pencil for the details section of the summary.
>
> Stefan
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Documentation-related issues in Jira

Gintautas Grigelionis
In reply to this post by Jaikiran Pai
I started looking for low hanging fruits in Jira.

Superficially, IVY-109, IVY-200, IVY-391, IVY-444, IVY-447, IVY-533,
IVY-536, IVY-549, IVY-559, IVY-569, IVY-643, IVY-730, IVY-846 seem
irrelevant. I do not know what to do with IVY-451 (alignment of bullet),
should we have a vote?

What is consensus on IVY-515? Checkstyle is on and rules are in sync with
Ant. Curently, the pet peeves are missing final modifiers and extraneous
modifiers in interfaces; that could be fixed with a couple of commits.

IVY-669 and IVY-760 seem to be ripe for implementing (adding javadoc where
needed, filtering generated javadoc for public methods, and adding @media
to css that would make parts of the current table-based layout invisible).

I've only got so far, Jira seems to be down at the moment...

Gintas

2017-08-23 7:26 GMT+02:00 Jaikiran Pai <[hidden email]>:

> Some of those issues are still relevant. I haven't been able to look at
> that complete list, so if you can add a comment in those JIRAs which are no
> longer valid, then I can take a look at those specific ones and review and
> close them. I'll be able to look at the complete list this weekend.
>
> -Jaikiran
>
>
>
> On 23/08/17 12:12 AM, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:
>
>> Earlier, I wrote about the amount of documentation-related issues in Jira.
>> There are 27 of them still open [1], and some of them could be closed
>> right
>> away.
>> I would be glad to help, but I have no privileges. Is there somebody who
>> could help me?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gintas
>>
>> P.S. I noticed that I misspelled my last name when I created Jira account,
>> could it be corrected, please?
>>
>> [1]
>> <a href="https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%">https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%
>> 20IVY%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%
>> 2C%20Reopened)%20AND%20component%20%3D%20Documentation%
>> 20AND%20component%20!%3D%20core
>>
>>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>