Include ANT_HOME location in "ant -version" ?

Include ANT_HOME location in "ant -version" ?

Jaikiran Pai
In context of this[1] and many similar questions/confusion previously, I
am wondering if our "ant -version" output should even include, a line in
the output, the location which is used as ANT_HOME? That will probably
make it clearer and easy to understand where it's being printed from.
Any thoughts?

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/user@.../msg42757.html

Re: Include ANT_HOME location in "ant -version" ?

Gintautas Grigelionis
We ought to update the manual (in particular [1]) and make [2] (especially
"ant -diagnostics") much more prominent.

Gintas

[1] https://ant.apache.org/manual/feedback.html
[2] https://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#Troubleshooting

On 2018-04-19, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> In context of this[1] and many similar questions/confusion previously,
> I am wondering if our "ant -version" output should even include, a
> line in the output, the location which is used as ANT_HOME?

I'd prefer -diagnostics for that.