Quantcast

Is there an existing ant script library available for use?

Is there an existing ant script library available for use?

Jay Leggett
We are in the process of setting up ~100 projects to build using ant.  I was wondering if there was a script library available that we could import.  I found the "Ant Script Library<http://www.exubero.com/asl/download.html>", but it is no longer available for download.

Re: Is there an existing ant script library available for use?

Scot P. Floess-2

I developed a project many years ago that may help you...but I stopped
working on it "way back when."

http://keros.sourceforge.net/LATEST/

The source is both at sourceforge and github:
https://github.com/FlossWare/keros

I had planned to move things over to github a wee bit more
"professionally" but other projects seem to "eat up my time."

Looks like I last worked on this in 2009...

Anyway - not sure it will help you...but if it does...great :)

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016, Jay Leggett wrote:

> We are in the process of setting up ~100 projects to build using ant.  I was wondering if there was a script library available that we could import.  I found the "Ant Script Library<http://www.exubero.com/asl/download.html>", but it is no longer available for download.

Scot P. Floess             RHCT  (Certificate Number 605010084735240)
Chief Architect FlossWare  http://sourceforge.net/projects/flossware
                            http://flossware.sourceforge.net
                            https://github.com/organizations/FlossWare

AW: Is there an existing ant script library available for use?

Jan Matèrne (jhm)
You could write one buildfile and copy it 100times.
Or use <import>:
the "master" buildfile is available e.g. on a share.
The 100+ projects only have a

<project>
  <import file="${master.dir}/build.xml"/>
  <property file="build.properties"/>
</project>

So they could set some individual values.

Jan

Thanks.   The projects that have been migrated so far import a single ant library with minimal Ant tasks in the project build.xml's.  It just seemed like there had to be an existing library somewhere because the library I was creating seemed like something everyone would use.