Ivy logo as SVG

Gintautas Grigelionis
I noticed that ASF apparently has converted a bunch of project logos to
SVG. In particular, Ant has an SVG logo. Is there an official channel at
ASF (like, a branding office?) that we could use to get Ivy logo vectorized?

Re: Ivy logo as SVG

Nicolas Lalevée
AFAIK, there is no official channel for that kind of stuff. He is generally done by the people around the projects.

Nicolas

> Le 1 juin 2017 à 08:12, Gintautas Grigelionis <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> I noticed that ASF apparently has converted a bunch of project logos to
> SVG. In particular, Ant has an SVG logo. Is there an official channel at
> ASF (like, a branding office?) that we could use to get Ivy logo vectorized?
>
> Gintas

Re: Ivy logo as SVG

On 2017-06-01, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> I noticed that ASF apparently has converted a bunch of project logos to
> SVG. In particular, Ant has an SVG logo.

That's not been done "by the ASF" but rather by some kind soul who did
the work. I'm afraid we are better coders than artists around here :-)

Re: Ivy logo as SVG

Gintautas Grigelionis
Logo is important, especially when it ends up in every Ivy report.
Still, if there are no other way, I'm willing to give it a try :-)

> On 2017-06-01, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:
>
> > I noticed that ASF apparently has converted a bunch of project logos to
> > SVG. In particular, Ant has an SVG logo.
>
> That's not been done "by the ASF" but rather by some kind soul who did
> the work. I'm afraid we are better coders than artists around here :-)
>
> Stefan

Re: Ivy logo as SVG

Gintautas Grigelionis
We may not be artists, but we can be aesthetes :-)
Please see an attached mockup of an Ivy report with proposed SVG icons and let me know what you think.

On 2017-06-01, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> I noticed that ASF apparently has converted a bunch of project logos to
> SVG. In particular, Ant has an SVG logo.

That's not been done "by the ASF" but rather by some kind soul who did
the work. I'm afraid we are better coders than artists around here :-)

AW: Ivy logo as SVG

Jan Matèrne (jhm)
The attachment didnt come thru.

I think EZMLM is configured not to send attachments ;)

Please open a JIRA ticket or a PR and we can discuss.

Jan

On 2017-06-01, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> I noticed that ASF apparently has converted a bunch of project logos to
> SVG. In particular, Ant has an SVG logo.

That's not been done "by the ASF" but rather by some kind soul who did
the work. I'm afraid we are better coders than artists around here :-)

Re: AW: Ivy logo as SVG

Gintautas Grigelionis
Sorry, I forgot about the mailing list 😔

Could we please check if a link works before we go any further?

Gintas

  Ivy-report-ivy-by-org.apache.pdf
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2mVPD7ZO6sdQ3pyMHk3ckZfUlhOOXcySnBwU2otNHBBTW5j/view?usp=drivesdk>

Den 2 jun 2017 08:17 skrev "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <[hidden email]>:

> The attachment didnt come thru.
>
> I think EZMLM is configured not to send attachments ;)
>

> Please open a JIRA ticket or a PR and we can discuss.
>

> Jan

Re: Ivy logo as SVG

Stefan Bodewig
On 2017-06-02, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> Could we please check if a link works before we go any further?

>   Ivy-report-ivy-by-org.apache.pdf
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2mVPD7ZO6sdQ3pyMHk3ckZfUlhOOXcySnBwU2otNHBBTW5j/view?usp=drivesdk>

it does.

Re: Ivy logo as SVG

Gintautas Grigelionis
If the choice of icons and/or colors is acceptable, I'll open a PR to burn
all gifs and embed svgs into xlts (whew, that was a bunch of abbreviations
:-)
I'm not quite sure if I could open a JIRA ticket -- or should it be a story?

Gintas

P.S. Could we please finish the PR #36? I'll look into adding Clover
separately.

> On 2017-06-02, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:
>
> > Could we please check if a link works before we go any further?
>
> >   Ivy-report-ivy-by-org.apache.pdf
> > <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2mVPD7ZO6sdQ3pyMHk3ckZfUlhOO
> XcySnBwU2otNHBBTW5j/view?usp=drivesdk>
>
> it does.
>
> Stefan

Re: Ivy logo as SVG

Gintautas Grigelionis
I was looking into a possible vectorisation of Ivy logo and edge analysis in Photoshop revealed that the ant was not legless :-)
Here's one possible version (I'll post the link if mailing list software refuses attachments) -- what do you thin?

On 2017-06-02, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> Could we please check if a link works before we go any further?

>   Ivy-report-ivy-by-org.apache.pdf
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2mVPD7ZO6sdQ3pyMHk3ckZfUlhOOXcySnBwU2otNHBBTW5j/view?usp=drivesdk>

it does.

Re: Ivy logo as SVG

Gintautas Grigelionis
Here come the links:

edge analysis: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2mVPD7ZO6sdN0k5MmdSU0JIeDQ
new logo:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2mVPD7ZO6sdcDFkX1lQdHJWZVRwUUdSSXI1VnF3bk5xTFhF

> I was looking into a possible vectorisation of Ivy logo and edge analysis
> in Photoshop revealed that the ant was not legless :-)
> Here's one possible version (I'll post the link if mailing list software
> refuses attachments) -- what do you thin?
>
> Gintas

> :
>
>> If the choice of icons and/or colors is acceptable, I'll open a PR to
>> burn all gifs and embed svgs into xlts (whew, that was a bunch of
>> abbreviations :-)
>> I'm not quite sure if I could open a JIRA ticket -- or should it be a
>> story?
>>
>> Gintas
>>
>> P.S. Could we please finish the PR #36? I'll look into adding Clover
>> separately.

>>> hOOXcySnBwU2otNHBBTW5j/view?usp=drivesdk>
>>>
>>> it does.
>>>
>>> Stefan

Re: Ivy logo as SVG

Dominique Devienne-2
On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 4:35 PM, Gintautas Grigelionis <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2mVPD7ZO6sdcDFkX1lQdHJWZVRwU
> UdSSXI1VnF3bk5xTFhF

I like it! --DD

Re: Ivy logo as SVG

Gintautas Grigelionis
In case you missed among all GitHub chat: the SVG (and Draw 2D :-) logo has
arrived as PR-55.
A shoutout to Flamingo project (
https://github.com/kirill-grouchnikov/flamingo)
and its SVG transcoder (http://ebourg.github.io/flamingo-svg-transcoder/).