JDK 11: First Release Candidate available

JDK 11: First Release Candidate available

Rory O'Donnell Oracle, Dublin Ireland
Hi Stefan,

*JDK 11 build 28 is our first JDK 11 Release Candidate [1]
*

  * JDK 11 Early Access  build 28 is available at : - jdk.java.net/11/

*FOSS fixes in recent builds.*

  * Eclipse Jetty - JDK-8207177
    <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8207177> (b27)
  * Apache Tomcat   -JDK-8208642
    <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8208642>(b27)
  * JBoss Netty - JDK-8207029
    <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8207029> (b23),
    JDK-8208166 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8208166> (b25)

*JDK 12 Early Access build 8 is available at : - jdk.java.net/12/*

  * Release Notes for JDK 12 [2]
  * Changes in this build include
      o JDK-8208350 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8208350> -
        Disable all DES TLS cipher suites

*OpenJFX Early-Access Build 24 is available at :-*
*http://jdk.java.net/openjfx/*

  * This library is delivered as a set of modules, along with the native
    code needed to run JavaFX, that can be run using a JDK 10
    <http://jdk.java.net/10/> build or a JDK 11 EA
    <http://jdk.java.net/11/> build.
  * This build is intended to allow application developers and OpenJFX
    contributors to test their applications with an unbundled,
    standalone JavaFX library.

Regards,
Rory

[1]
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2018-August/001844.html
<http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/11/#Schedule>
[2] http://jdk.java.net/12/release-notes

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager
Oracle EMEA , Dublin, Ireland

Re: JDK 11: First Release Candidate available

Jaikiran Pai-2
Hi Rory,

Except for one issue[1] in this release candidate build, so far the
tests against this version have gone fine. A fix/patch has already been
provided for that issue and it works fine. I plan to run some more
extensive tests over the next few days against this version.

On 24/08/18 2:35 PM, Rory O'Donnell wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> *JDK 11 build 28 is our first JDK 11 Release Candidate [1]
> *
>
>  * JDK 11 Early Access  build 28 is available at : - jdk.java.net/11/
>
> *FOSS fixes in recent builds.*
>
>  * Eclipse Jetty - JDK-8207177
>    <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8207177> (b27)
>  * Apache Tomcat   -JDK-8208642
>    <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8208642>(b27)
>  * JBoss Netty - JDK-8207029
>    <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8207029> (b23),
>    JDK-8208166 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8208166> (b25)
>
> *JDK 12 Early Access build 8 is available at : - jdk.java.net/12/*
>
>  * Release Notes for JDK 12 [2]
>  * Changes in this build include
>      o JDK-8208350 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8208350> -
>        Disable all DES TLS cipher suites
>
> *OpenJFX Early-Access Build 24 is available at :-*
> *http://jdk.java.net/openjfx/*
>
>  * This library is delivered as a set of modules, along with the native
>    code needed to run JavaFX, that can be run using a JDK 10
>    <http://jdk.java.net/10/> build or a JDK 11 EA
>    <http://jdk.java.net/11/> build.
>  * This build is intended to allow application developers and OpenJFX
>    contributors to test their applications with an unbundled,
>    standalone JavaFX library.
>
> Regards,
> Rory
>
> [1]
> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2018-August/001844.html
> <http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/11/#Schedule>
> [2] http://jdk.java.net/12/release-notes

Re: JDK 11: First Release Candidate available

Rory O'Donnell Oracle, Dublin Ireland
Thanks Jaikiran, that's great to hear! Do let us know how the extensive
testing goes ?

Rgds,Rory