New Confluence Wiki

Stefan Bodewig
Hi all

I've just triggered the wiki migration from Moin to Confluence, the new
Wiki is https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ANT

Right now I don't see any obvious spam pages (there are some in other
migrated spaces) and am not missing anything. Please look through the
new instance for things that are present in https://wiki.apache.org/ant
but missing in Confluence so we can transfer them manually if necessary.

There are some "home pages" people have created for themselves that we
may want to delete. One option may be to ask the people to use
Confluence's built-in mechanism for that and delete the pages after some
time. WDYT?

Re: New Confluence Wiki

Martijn Kruithof-3
Hi all

I went through the wiki and made sure that the entire page tree from
home was migrated - except for "personal" pages. Note that some pages
weren't automatically migrated, I have migrated those manually.

Br Martijn

Op 30-5-2019 om 11:55 schreef Stefan Bodewig:

> Hi all
>
> I've just triggered the wiki migration from Moin to Confluence, the new
> Wiki is https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ANT
>
> Right now I don't see any obvious spam pages (there are some in other
> migrated spaces) and am not missing anything. Please look through the
> new instance for things that are present in https://wiki.apache.org/ant
> but missing in Confluence so we can transfer them manually if necessary.
>
> There are some "home pages" people have created for themselves that we
> may want to delete. One option may be to ask the people to use
> Confluence's built-in mechanism for that and delete the pages after some
> time. WDYT?
>
> Stefan

Re: New Confluence Wiki

Martijn Kruithof-3
Furthermore I cleaned up somewhat, restoring some kind of structure.

Some page I did not see where they were in the structure I moved to
Orphaned, the People pages are all under People pages, as far as I am
concerned these could be deleted.

One spammy kind of page I did remove.

Br Martijn

Op 30-5-2019 om 15:05 schreef Martijn:

> Hi all
>
> I went through the wiki and made sure that the entire page tree from
> home was migrated - except for "personal" pages. Note that some pages
> weren't automatically migrated, I have migrated those manually.
>
> Br Martijn
>
> Op 30-5-2019 om 11:55 schreef Stefan Bodewig:
>> Hi all
>>
>> I've just triggered the wiki migration from Moin to Confluence, the new
>> Wiki is https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ANT
>>
>> Right now I don't see any obvious spam pages (there are some in other
>> migrated spaces) and am not missing anything. Please look through the
>> new instance for things that are present in https://wiki.apache.org/ant
>> but missing in Confluence so we can transfer them manually if necessary.
>>
>> There are some "home pages" people have created for themselves that we
>> may want to delete. One option may be to ask the people to use
>> Confluence's built-in mechanism for that and delete the pages after some
>> time. WDYT?
>>
>> Stefan

Re: New Confluence Wiki

Gintautas Grigelionis
Perhaps [1]  could be placed under Proposals?
Also, links to antbook.org should point to [2] instead.
And, FWIW, Kevin Lee has put his book on GitHub [3].

Gintas

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ANT/MergeCandidates18xBranch
[2] https://www.manning.com/books/ant-in-action
[3] https://github.com/akevinlee/buildmeister/tree/master/books