New PropertyHelper to Easily Add Colors to Ant Output

New PropertyHelper to Easily Add Colors to Ant Output

Joe's Diner Webmaster
Here is a little PropertyHelper I wrote that easily allows adding colors to Ant tasks' output. Hopefully it will be of use to others.

Apache Ant Output Colorizor

An easy way to add color to Apache Ant build output. Unlike many other Ant color utilities, this one does not automatically color your output based on rules, but allows explicit control of colors and formatting from within the Ant build file itself. Requires Ant version 1.8 or above and color support from your terminal.

Note that this library is not doing any real magic and is just a convenient wrapper around ANSI color codes.

Compatibility: Ant version 1.8 or above
License: MIT License

Also attached is a patchfile to add this project to the list of "External Tools and Tasks" on the Ant website, as requested in the FAQ.

Joey

Re: New PropertyHelper to Easily Add Colors to Ant Output

Stefan Bodewig
On 2017-01-14, Joe's Diner Webmaster wrote:

> Here is a little PropertyHelper I wrote that easily allows adding colors to
> Ant tasks' output. Hopefully it will be of use to others.

Thanks, I've just added it to the site. Unfortunatly the patch didn't
make it through, so please verify it really show what you wanted to see.

AW: New PropertyHelper to Easily Add Colors to Ant Output

nice

Jan

Here is a little PropertyHelper I wrote that easily allows adding colors to Ant tasks' output. Hopefully it will be of use to others.

Apache Ant Output Colorizor

An easy way to add color to Apache Ant build output. Unlike many other Ant color utilities, this one does not automatically color your output based on rules, but allows explicit control of colors and formatting from within the Ant build file itself. Requires Ant version 1.8 or above and color support from your terminal.

Note that this library is not doing any real magic and is just a convenient wrapper around ANSI color codes.

Compatibility: Ant version 1.8 or above

Contact: [hidden email]

License: MIT License

Also attached is a patchfile to add this project to the list of "External Tools and Tasks" on the Ant website, as requested in the FAQ.

Joey

Re: New PropertyHelper to Easily Add Colors to Ant Output

Christopher BROWN
Hi,

Is there a way to detect if Ant is running on a compatible terminal?

For example, I sometimes forward Ant's output to a text file, such as "ant
sometarget > sometarget.txt"; in such cases, I'd prefer not to include
escape codes.

Thanks,
Christopher