Re: [ant-antlibs-antunit] branch master updated: updated reference to license from http to https using find . -type f -exec sed -i s/http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0/https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0/ {} \;

Re: [ant-antlibs-antunit] branch master updated: updated reference to license from http to https using find . -type f -exec sed -i s/http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0/https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0/ {} \;

Stefan Bodewig
On 2019-05-26, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> updated reference to license from http to https using find . -type f -exec sed -i s/http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0/https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0/ {} \;

I'm afraid we can't do that. The license URL is part of the license
text, changing the URL would make it a different license. At least this
is my understanding of a recent thread on the legal-discuss list.

Re: [ant-antlibs-antunit] branch master updated: updated reference to license from http to https using find . -type f -exec sed -i s/http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0/https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0/ {} \;

Martijn Kruithof-3
Hi,

Interesting, right at the top, the page itself refers to the https
location nowadays. In the licensing FAQ also a reference to the https
version is endorsed, not the http version.

What maybe with this regards is a problem is the update of the
http:///www.apache.org/licenses  to https in the LICENSE file. (I will
revert those).

The reference to the license in the source file header is not part of
the license itself, it is a reference to the applicable license, which
is available at https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

br Martijn

On 2019-05-27, Martijn wrote:

> What maybe with this regards is a problem is the update of the
> http:///www.apache.org/licenses  to https in the LICENSE file. (I will
> revert those).

> The reference to the license in the source file header is not part of
> the license itself, it is a reference to the applicable license, which
> is available at https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

Yes, I think this is correct.

Thanks