Stable link to apache-ant-*-bin.tar.xz?

Stephan Bergmann
<https://github.com/flathub/org.libreoffice.LibreOffice/blob/1168072d19f358ffacc783aa83773789c6eafb99/org.libreoffice.LibreOffice.json#L33>
is a flatpak-manifest (for building LibreOffice as a Flatpak) that needs
Ant during the build and thus downloads it from
<http://www-us.apache.org/dist/ant/binaries/apache-ant-1.10.1-bin.tar.xz>,
as it was available a while ago from
<http://ant.apache.org/bindownload.cgi>.

However, I now found out that that URL is 404 by now, and there's a new
<http://www-us.apache.org/dist/ant/binaries/apache-ant-1.10.2-bin.tar.xz>
instead.  So I'd need to adapt that org.libreoffice.LibreOffice.json
flatpak-manifest now, and would likely need to do so periodically in the
future, whenever a new Ant release replaces the previous one.

Is there a better URL I could use for my purposes (that might also be
more mirror-friendly)?  I'm not interested in a specific 1.10.1 version,
assuming that any recent or future 1.y.z version would do; but I do need
a matching SHA to be recorded in the flatpak-manifest, so am bound to a
URL for a specific version in practice.

AW: Stable link to apache-ant-*-bin.tar.xz?

Jan Matèrne (jhm)
There are two main pages for releases:
* https://www.apache.org/dist/: actual releases
* http://archive.apache.org/dist/: all releases
The release policy [1] of the ASF enforces to have only the newest versions on the first.
This is the primary directory for mirrors. Usually users are interested in the newest version.

In your case you should link to the 2nd URL as this is permanent.

Jan

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html