Test for JUnit version?

Roger Whitcomb
Hi all,
                I just realized I have written some JUnit tests that rely on "assertNotEquals" that has just appeared "recently" in JUnit (as in, 4.11 and 4.12, but not 4.10).  I'm testing for the presence of JUnit in the classpath in my "build.xml", but is there a way to test for the specific version of JUnit?  I see there is a "org.junit.runner.JUnitCore.getVersion()" method, which presumably could be used, but I'm guessing I'd have to write Javascript in my "build.xml" in order to test that.
                Anyone have a better idea?

Thanks,
Roger Whitcomb

Re: Test for JUnit version?

Stefan Bodewig
On 2017-07-06, Roger Whitcomb wrote:

> Hi all,
>                 I just realized I have written some JUnit tests that rely on "assertNotEquals" that has just appeared "recently" in JUnit (as in, 4.11 and 4.12, but not 4.10).  I'm testing for the presence of JUnit in the classpath in my "build.xml", but is there a way to test for the specific version of JUnit?  I see there is a "org.junit.runner.JUnitCore.getVersion()" method, which presumably could be used, but I'm guessing I'd have to write Javascript in my "build.xml" in order to test that.
>                 Anyone have a better idea?

You can use a <condition> together with <hasmethod> [1] to directly test
for the presence of assertNotEquals.

Stefan

[1] http://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/conditions.html#hasmethod

RE: Test for JUnit version?

Roger Whitcomb
Perfect!  Somehow missed that ... :)  Thank you.