[VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

12

[VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

Jaikiran Pai
I have built a release candidate 2.3.0-rc1 for Apache IvyDE.

The tag is here:
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivyde.git;a=commit;h=refs/tags/2.3.0-rc1

You can download the distribution from this URL:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/2.3.0-rc1

The Eclipse p2 repository is there:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE/

This release consists of the following changes:

* FIX: xml bomb in workspace causes hang in Ivy code during Search or
Synchronize operations (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-354)
* FIX: Deadlock in classpath container
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-361)
* FIX: Typo in IvyResolveJob
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-362)
* FIX: User-selected configurations not checked in the viewer
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-378)
* FIX: Fix ClassCastException
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-386)

* NEW: Support for OSGi 'Bundle-Classpath' directive
* NEW: Basic support for the workspace resolver to find OSGi bundles
managed by Ivy in the workspace
* NEW: Support for storing credentials securely

Do you vote for the release of these binaries?

Re: [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

Gintautas Grigelionis
I am testing on Oxygen 3.A and seeing errors like

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite/p2-mirrors--xml.cgi?path=ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE&countryCode=se&timeZone=1&format=xml;
lineNumber: 39; columnNumber: 3; Element type "link" lack matching end tag
"</link>".

Gintas

Den ons 13 juni 2018 kl 17:48 skrev Jaikiran Pai <[hidden email]>:

> I have built a release candidate 2.3.0-rc1 for Apache IvyDE.
>
> The tag is here:
>
> https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivyde.git;a=commit;h=refs/tags/2.3.0-rc1
>
> You can download the distribution from this URL:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/2.3.0-rc1
>
> The Eclipse p2 repository is there:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE/
>

> This release consists of the following changes:
>
> * FIX: xml bomb in workspace causes hang in Ivy code during Search or
> Synchronize operations (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-354)
> * FIX: Deadlock in classpath container
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-361)
> * FIX: Typo in IvyResolveJob
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-362)
> * FIX: User-selected configurations not checked in the viewer
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-378)
> * FIX: Fix ClassCastException
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-386)
>
> * NEW: Support for OSGi 'Bundle-Classpath' directive
> * NEW: Basic support for the workspace resolver to find OSGi bundles
> managed by Ivy in the workspace
> * NEW: Support for storing credentials securely
>

> Do you vote for the release of these binaries?
>
> -Jaikiran

Re: [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

Gintautas Grigelionis
Another issue with UX on Oxygen: Ivy container icon in Package Explorer
seems to disappear after "Reload settings" and reappear after "Refresh".

Gintas

Den ons 13 juni 2018 kl 21:06 skrev Gintautas Grigelionis <
[hidden email]>:

> I am testing on Oxygen 3.A and seeing errors like
>
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId:
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite/p2-mirrors--xml.cgi?path=ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE&countryCode=se&timeZone=1&format=xml;
> lineNumber: 39; columnNumber: 3; Element type "link" lack matching end tag
> "</link>".
>
> Gintas
>
> Den ons 13 juni 2018 kl 17:48 skrev Jaikiran Pai <[hidden email]
> >:
>
>> I have built a release candidate 2.3.0-rc1 for Apache IvyDE.
>>
>> The tag is here:
>>
>> https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivyde.git;a=commit;h=refs/tags/2.3.0-rc1
>>
>> You can download the distribution from this URL:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/2.3.0-rc1
>>
>> The Eclipse p2 repository is there:
>>
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE/
>>

>> This release consists of the following changes:
>>
>> * FIX: xml bomb in workspace causes hang in Ivy code during Search or
>> Synchronize operations (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-354)
>> * FIX: Deadlock in classpath container
>> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-361)
>> * FIX: Typo in IvyResolveJob
>> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-362)
>> * FIX: User-selected configurations not checked in the viewer
>> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-378)
>> * FIX: Fix ClassCastException
>> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-386)
>>
>> * NEW: Support for OSGi 'Bundle-Classpath' directive
>> * NEW: Basic support for the workspace resolver to find OSGi bundles
>> managed by Ivy in the workspace
>> * NEW: Support for storing credentials securely
>>

>> Do you vote for the release of these binaries?
>>
>> -Jaikiran

Re: [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

Gintautas Grigelionis
On Mars 2, Ivy container does not disappear after "Reload settings", only
empties until "Refresh".
I can give the plugin a spin on Neon tomorrow.

Gintas​

Re: [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

Gintas,

When and where do you see these messages? What activity triggers it?

-Jaikiran

On 14/06/18 12:36 AM, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> I am testing on Oxygen 3.A and seeing errors like
>
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId:
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite/p2-mirrors--xml.cgi?path=ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE&countryCode=se&timeZone=1&format=xml;
> lineNumber: 39; columnNumber: 3; Element type "link" lack matching end tag
> "</link>".
>
> Gintas
>
> Den ons 13 juni 2018 kl 17:48 skrev Jaikiran Pai <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I have built a release candidate 2.3.0-rc1 for Apache IvyDE.
>>
>> The tag is here:
>>
>> https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivyde.git;a=commit;h=refs/tags/2.3.0-rc1
>>
>> You can download the distribution from this URL:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/2.3.0-rc1
>>
>> The Eclipse p2 repository is there:
>>
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE/
>>

>> This release consists of the following changes:
>>
>> * FIX: xml bomb in workspace causes hang in Ivy code during Search or
>> Synchronize operations (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-354)
>> * FIX: Deadlock in classpath container
>> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-361)
>> * FIX: Typo in IvyResolveJob
>> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-362)
>> * FIX: User-selected configurations not checked in the viewer
>> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-378)
>> * FIX: Fix ClassCastException
>> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-386)
>>
>> * NEW: Support for OSGi 'Bundle-Classpath' directive
>> * NEW: Basic support for the workspace resolver to find OSGi bundles
>> managed by Ivy in the workspace
>> * NEW: Support for storing credentials securely
>>

>> Do you vote for the release of these binaries?
>>
>> -Jaikiran

Re: [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

Gintautas Grigelionis
XML parse errors occur at installation of plugins, I see them for both Ivy
and IvyDE RC.
They seem to be unrelated to the distribution, rather caused by the output
of the CGI script.

On 2018-06-13, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId:
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite/p2-mirrors--xml.cgi?path=ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE&countryCode=se&timeZone=1&format=xml;
> lineNumber: 39; columnNumber: 3; Element type "link" lack matching end tag
> "</link>".

When I follow the link above, I get an HTML page which is not
well-formed XML, so the messages are to be expected.

BTW, wherever thos link comes from, it would be good if it used https
rather than http.

Re: [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

[As usual I'll only be able to review the legal stuff but probably won't
find time to do so before tomorrow or even Saturday (am currently
traveling).]

On 2018-06-13, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> You can download the distribution from this URL:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/2.3.0-rc1

Be the releas policy that is in place now SHA1 is deprecated, MD5 is
frowned upon and at least SHA256 is required for checksums.

http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution.html#sigs-and-sums

You probably need to adjust the build process for future releases, for
this one could you please add sha256 files manually and remove the md5
files?

Re: [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

Jaikiran Pai
Sure, i'll do that today.

-Jaikiran

On 14/06/18 11:50 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On 2018-06-13, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
>
>> You can download the distribution from this URL:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/2.3.0-rc1
> Be the releas policy that is in place now SHA1 is deprecated, MD5 is
> frowned upon and at least SHA256 is required for checksums.
>
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution.html#sigs-and-sums
>
> You probably need to adjust the build process for future releases,
I've fixed the build to use SHA-256 and SHA-512 instead of MD5 and SHA1.

>   for
> this one could you please add sha256 files manually and remove the md5
> files?
This is now done. md5 and sha checksum files have been removed and the
new ones (as recommended in the release guidelines) have been published
at the same location
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/2.3.0-rc1

Re: [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

> On 2018-06-13, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:
>
> > org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId:
> > http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite/p2-mirrors--xml.
> cgi?path=ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE&countryCode=
> se&timeZone=1&format=xml;
> > lineNumber: 39; columnNumber: 3; Element type "link" lack matching end
> tag
> > "</link>".
>
> When I follow the link above, I get an HTML page which is not
> well-formed XML, so the messages are to be expected.
>
> BTW, wherever thos link comes from, it would be good if it used https
> rather than http.

I followed the link to the source in svn

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ant/site/ivyde/production/updatesite/p2-mirrors--xml.cgi?view=markup

#!/bin/sh
# Wrapper script around mirrors.cgi script
# (we must change to that directory in order for python to pick up the
# python includes correctly)
cd /www/www.apache.org/dyn/mirrors
/www/www.apache.org/dyn/mirrors/mirrors.cgi $

It seems that mirrors.cgi bails out, since it redirects to a (correct
HTML-wise, incorrect XML-wise) page containing

The requested file or directory is *not* on the mirrors.

I wonder whether there is some documentation available on what output
the CGI script (and corresponding HTML template?) should produce.
Apparently, they do not work as intended since last changes were made
6 years ago.

Re: [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

Nicolas Lalevée
Just a quick comment on the mirror url not working. The page is telling "The requested file or directory is not on the mirrors. »
And indeed, the artifacts are not published yet to the final location, the release is not accepted yet.

Nicolas

> Le 14 juin 2018 à 10:19, Gintautas Grigelionis <[hidden email]> a écrit :

>> On 2018-06-13, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:
>>
>>> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId:
>>> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite/p2-mirrors--xml.
>> cgi?path=ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE&countryCode=
>> se&timeZone=1&format=xml;
>>> lineNumber: 39; columnNumber: 3; Element type "link" lack matching end
>> tag
>>> "</link>".
>>
>> When I follow the link above, I get an HTML page which is not
>> well-formed XML, so the messages are to be expected.
>>
>> BTW, wherever thos link comes from, it would be good if it used https
>> rather than http.
>

> I followed the link to the source in svn
>
> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ant/site/ivyde/production/updatesite/p2-mirrors--xml.cgi?view=markup <https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ant/site/ivyde/production/updatesite/p2-mirrors--xml.cgi?view=markup>
>
> #!/bin/sh
> # Wrapper script around mirrors.cgi script
> # (we must change to that directory in order for python to pick up the
> # python includes correctly)
> cd /www/www.apache.org/dyn/mirrors <http://www.apache.org/dyn/mirrors>
> /www/www.apache.org/dyn/mirrors/mirrors.cgi <http://www.apache.org/dyn/mirrors/mirrors.cgi> $
>
> It seems that mirrors.cgi bails out, since it redirects to a (correct
> HTML-wise, incorrect XML-wise) page containing
>
> The requested file or directory is *not* on the mirrors.
>
> I wonder whether there is some documentation available on what output
> the CGI script (and corresponding HTML template?) should produce.
> Apparently, they do not work as intended since last changes were made
> 6 years ago.
>
> Gintas

Re: [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

+1.

I did some manual testing of the release which included:

- Installing the plugin in Eclipse (Oxygen)

- Creating a Eclipse project which uses Ivy and configuring IvyDE usage
for it

- Adding a simple dependency via Ivy to that project and having it
resolved from the IvyDE and using that dependency in a simple Java class.

- Checked some Ivy plugin settings page to make sure they look and work
fine.

-Jaikiran

On 13/06/18 9:18 PM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> I have built a release candidate 2.3.0-rc1 for Apache IvyDE.
>
> The tag is here:
> https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivyde.git;a=commit;h=refs/tags/2.3.0-rc1
>
> You can download the distribution from this URL:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/2.3.0-rc1
>
> The Eclipse p2 repository is there:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE/
>

> This release consists of the following changes:
>
> * FIX: xml bomb in workspace causes hang in Ivy code during Search or
> Synchronize operations (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-354)
> * FIX: Deadlock in classpath container
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-361)
> * FIX: Typo in IvyResolveJob
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-362)
> * FIX: User-selected configurations not checked in the viewer
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-378)
> * FIX: Fix ClassCastException
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-386)
>
> * NEW: Support for OSGi 'Bundle-Classpath' directive
> * NEW: Basic support for the workspace resolver to find OSGi bundles
> managed by Ivy in the workspace
> * NEW: Support for storing credentials securely
>

> Do you vote for the release of these binaries?
>
> -Jaikiran

Re: [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

I tried reproducing this issue but haven't been able to. Either way,
given the nature of this issue, I personally don't consider it a blocker
for this release vote to pass. Please do file a JIRA with the relevant
details if this is reproducible.

-Jaikiran

On 14/06/18 12:53 AM, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> Another issue with UX on Oxygen: Ivy container icon in Package Explorer
> seems to disappear after "Reload settings" and reappear after "Refresh".
>
> Gintas
>
> Den ons 13 juni 2018 kl 21:06 skrev Gintautas Grigelionis <
> [hidden email]>:
>
>> I am testing on Oxygen 3.A and seeing errors like
>>
>> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId:
>> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite/p2-mirrors--xml.cgi?path=ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE&countryCode=se&timeZone=1&format=xml;
>> lineNumber: 39; columnNumber: 3; Element type "link" lack matching end tag
>> "</link>".
>>
>> Gintas
>>
>> Den ons 13 juni 2018 kl 17:48 skrev Jaikiran Pai <[hidden email]
>>> :
>>> I have built a release candidate 2.3.0-rc1 for Apache IvyDE.
>>>
>>> The tag is here:
>>>
>>> https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivyde.git;a=commit;h=refs/tags/2.3.0-rc1
>>>
>>> You can download the distribution from this URL:
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/2.3.0-rc1
>>>
>>> The Eclipse p2 repository is there:
>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE/
>>>

>>> This release consists of the following changes:
>>>
>>> * FIX: xml bomb in workspace causes hang in Ivy code during Search or
>>> Synchronize operations (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-354)
>>> * FIX: Deadlock in classpath container
>>> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-361)
>>> * FIX: Typo in IvyResolveJob
>>> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-362)
>>> * FIX: User-selected configurations not checked in the viewer
>>> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-378)
>>> * FIX: Fix ClassCastException
>>> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-386)
>>>
>>> * NEW: Support for OSGi 'Bundle-Classpath' directive
>>> * NEW: Basic support for the workspace resolver to find OSGi bundles
>>> managed by Ivy in the workspace
>>> * NEW: Support for storing credentials securely
>>>

>>> Do you vote for the release of these binaries?
>>>
>>> -Jaikiran

Re: [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

Gintautas Grigelionis
That's what I'm working on. Considering that both reload settings and
refresh call launchResolve(), the behaviour is difficult to explain and may
depend on my workspace setup or some such.

There is yet another point (please bear with me) regarding manual
installation instructions. In Eclipse 4 series (which is our baseline) the
"dropins" have a separate directory [1]; I don't think manual copying
directly to features + plugins works anymore and the documentation must be
changed accordingly. I believe Nicolas had to change the build scripts for
that reason, too.

Gintas

[1]
https://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fmisc%2Fp2_dropins_format.html

> I tried reproducing this issue but haven't been able to. Either way, given
> the nature of this issue, I personally don't consider it a blocker for this
> release vote to pass. Please do file a JIRA with the relevant details if
> this is reproducible.
>
> -Jaikiran
>

> On 14/06/18 12:53 AM, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:
>
>> Another issue with UX on Oxygen: Ivy container icon in Package Explorer
>> seems to disappear after "Reload settings" and reappear after "Refresh".
>>
>> Gintas
>>
>> Den ons 13 juni 2018 kl 21:06 skrev Gintautas Grigelionis <
>> [hidden email]>:
>>
>> I am testing on Oxygen 3.A and seeing errors like
>>>
>>> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId:
>>> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/updatesite/p2-mirrors--xml.
>>> cgi?path=ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE&countryCode=
>>> se&timeZone=1&format=xml;
>>> lineNumber: 39; columnNumber: 3; Element type "link" lack matching end
>>> tag
>>> "</link>".
>>>
>>> Gintas
>>>
>>> Den ons 13 juni 2018 kl 17:48 skrev Jaikiran Pai <
>>> [hidden email]

Re: [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

I suppose that deserves a mention in the doc/src/dev...

On 2018-06-16, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> There is yet another point (please bear with me) regarding manual
> installation instructions. In Eclipse 4 series (which is our baseline) the
> "dropins" have a separate directory [1]; I don't think manual copying
> directly to features + plugins works anymore and the documentation must be
> changed accordingly. I believe Nicolas had to change the build scripts for
> that reason, too.

The documentation is on the website which can be updated independent of
any release, fortunately.

Re: [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

Hi

please add your PGP key to dist.apache.org/release/ant/KEYS

* checksums and signatures are good
* for the files in updatesite it still contains .md5 and .sha but
  nothing stronger, please add stronger hashes and remove the md5 files
  unless they are read by eclipse
* source tarball and tag differ slightly (build.properties and
  releaese.adoc)
* the source tarball extracts everything to the current directory unlike
  the binary tarball which creates a subdirectory
  apache-ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE - I'm not complaining but
  it seems inconsistent
* org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.resolvevisualizer.feature_2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE.jar
  lacks LICENSE and NOTICE files

I'd prefer
org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.resolvevisualizer.feature_2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE.jar
to be fixed for this release and will vote -1 on a next release for such
an issue. The tag/source difference is acceptable to me but shouldn't
happen.

My vote is a +0

Re: [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

Jaikiran Pai
Thanks Stefan, I'll fix these issues and send out a new voting mail.

-Jaikiran

On Saturday, June 16, 2018, Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> please add your PGP key to dist.apache.org/release/ant/KEYS
>
> * checksums and signatures are good
> * for the files in updatesite it still contains .md5 and .sha but
>   nothing stronger, please add stronger hashes and remove the md5 files
>   unless they are read by eclipse
> * source tarball and tag differ slightly (build.properties and
>   releaese.adoc)
> * the source tarball extracts everything to the current directory unlike
>   the binary tarball which creates a subdirectory
>   apache-ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE - I'm not complaining but
>   it seems inconsistent
> *
org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.resolvevisualizer.feature_2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE.jar
>   lacks LICENSE and NOTICE files
>
> I'd prefer

org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.resolvevisualizer.feature_2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE.jar

> to be fixed for this release and will vote -1 on a next release for such
> an issue. The tag/source difference is acceptable to me but shouldn't
> happen.
>
> My vote is a +0
>
> Stefan

[CANCEL] [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

Given some of the valid issues that Stefan has raised with this released
instance, I'm cancelling this vote. This is a first release after a long
time and I plan to have this as clean as possible. I will send out a new
vote mail once I sort out these issues.

-Jaikiran

On 16/06/18 6:48 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Hi
>
> please add your PGP key to dist.apache.org/release/ant/KEYS
>
> * checksums and signatures are good
> * for the files in updatesite it still contains .md5 and .sha but
>    nothing stronger, please add stronger hashes and remove the md5 files
>    unless they are read by eclipse
> * source tarball and tag differ slightly (build.properties and
>    releaese.adoc)
> * the source tarball extracts everything to the current directory unlike
>    the binary tarball which creates a subdirectory
>    apache-ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE - I'm not complaining but
>    it seems inconsistent
> * org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.resolvevisualizer.feature_2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE.jar
>    lacks LICENSE and NOTICE files
>
> I'd prefer
> org.apache.ivyde.eclipse.resolvevisualizer.feature_2.3.0.rc1-201806132023-RELEASE.jar
> to be fixed for this release and will vote -1 on a next release for such
> an issue. The tag/source difference is acceptable to me but shouldn't
> happen.
>
> My vote is a +0
>
> Stefan

12