[VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

Jaikiran Pai
This is a newer vote mail that I'm initiating for the 2.3.0-rc1 release
of IvyDE.

The newly updated tag is here
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivyde.git;a=commit;h=refs/tags/2.3.0-rc1

You can download the distribution from this URL:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/2.3.0-rc1/

The Eclipse p2 repository is here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806171016-RELEASE/

The 2.3.0-rc1 release of IvyDE consists of the following changes:

* FIX: xml bomb in workspace causes hang in Ivy code during Search or
Synchronize operations (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-354)
* FIX: Deadlock in classpath container
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-361)
* FIX: Typo in IvyResolveJob
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-362)
* FIX: User-selected configurations not checked in the viewer
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-378)
* FIX: Fix ClassCastException
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-386)

* NEW: Support for OSGi 'Bundle-Classpath' directive
* NEW: Basic support for the workspace resolver to find OSGi bundles
managed by Ivy in the workspace
* NEW: Support for storing credentials securely

Do you vote for the release of these binaries?

Re: [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

Gintautas Grigelionis
I tested the plugin with Ivy 2.5.0 RC on Mars, Neon and Oxygen (install,
activate, resolve/reload settings/refresh).

+1

Gintas

P.S. I noticed another issue which is difficult to reproduce: sometimes,
properties defined in Ivy settings
for e.g. parameterizing revisions in ivy.xml become unavailable when
starting a resolve, which then fails.
It seems to require a certain combination of reload
settings/resolve/refresh, though.

On 2018-06-17, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> This is a newer vote mail that I'm initiating for the 2.3.0-rc1
> release of IvyDE.

+1

Re: [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

+1.

Tried the installation and used a basic Ivy based project for dependency
resolution. Also checked some of the Ivy plugin screens to make sure all
is fine.

-Jaikiran

On 17/06/18 12:15 PM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> This is a newer vote mail that I'm initiating for the 2.3.0-rc1
> release of IvyDE.
>
> The newly updated tag is here
> https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivyde.git;a=commit;h=refs/tags/2.3.0-rc1
>
> You can download the distribution from this URL:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/2.3.0-rc1/
>
> The Eclipse p2 repository is here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806171016-RELEASE/
>
> The 2.3.0-rc1 release of IvyDE consists of the following changes:
>
> * FIX: xml bomb in workspace causes hang in Ivy code during Search or
> Synchronize operations (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-354)
> * FIX: Deadlock in classpath container
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-361)
> * FIX: Typo in IvyResolveJob
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-362)
> * FIX: User-selected configurations not checked in the viewer
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-378)
> * FIX: Fix ClassCastException
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-386)
>
> * NEW: Support for OSGi 'Bundle-Classpath' directive
> * NEW: Basic support for the workspace resolver to find OSGi bundles
> managed by Ivy in the workspace
> * NEW: Support for storing credentials securely
>

> Do you vote for the release of these binaries?
>

> -Jaikiran

Re: [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

Nicolas Lalevée
First, thank you very much Jaikiran to make this release happen.

So checksum, signatures, installation, build, resolve on projects went well. But I have found a regression: global preferences cannot be saved anymore.
cf https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-388 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-388>

Looking at the code, indeed it cannot work.
https://github.com/apache/ant-ivyde/blob/c92ed1b9247642dfaa67e5cf84528cfa20931c47/org.apache.ivyde.eclipse/src/java/org/apache/ivyde/internal/eclipse/ui/preferences/PreferenceConstants.java#L136 <https://github.com/apache/ant-ivyde/blob/c92ed1b9247642dfaa67e5cf84528cfa20931c47/org.apache.ivyde.eclipse/src/java/org/apache/ivyde/internal/eclipse/ui/preferences/PreferenceConstants.java#L136>

I think it deserves to be fixed before being consumed by end users.
So -1 for me.

Also, it will be better to mention the sha1 of the git tag and the svn revision of the artifact in dist. We should update the release instructions to not forgot it, like I have done for the last release of Ivy:
https://github.com/apache/ant-ivy/blob/master/asciidoc/dev/makerelease.adoc#11-call-for-a-vote-to-approve-the-release <https://github.com/apache/ant-ivy/blob/master/asciidoc/dev/makerelease.adoc#11-call-for-a-vote-to-approve-the-release>

Nicolas

> Le 17 juin 2018 à 08:45, Jaikiran Pai <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> This is a newer vote mail that I'm initiating for the 2.3.0-rc1 release of IvyDE.
>
> The newly updated tag is here https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivyde.git;a=commit;h=refs/tags/2.3.0-rc1
>
> You can download the distribution from this URL: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/2.3.0-rc1/
>
> The Eclipse p2 repository is here: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806171016-RELEASE/
>
> The 2.3.0-rc1 release of IvyDE consists of the following changes:
>
> * FIX: xml bomb in workspace causes hang in Ivy code during Search or Synchronize operations (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-354)
> * FIX: Deadlock in classpath container (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-361)
> * FIX: Typo in IvyResolveJob (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-362)
> * FIX: User-selected configurations not checked in the viewer (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-378)
> * FIX: Fix ClassCastException (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-386)
>
> * NEW: Support for OSGi 'Bundle-Classpath' directive
> * NEW: Basic support for the workspace resolver to find OSGi bundles managed by Ivy in the workspace
> * NEW: Support for storing credentials securely
>

> Do you vote for the release of these binaries?
>

> -Jaikiran

Re: [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

Jaikiran Pai
Thanks for testing this Nicolas. This indeed is a big enough issue to be
considered a blocker. I'll take a look at this.

I'll also include the sha and rev in a newer vote and update our release
instructions.

-Jaikiran

<
https://github.com/apache/ant-ivyde/blob/c92ed1b9247642dfaa67e5cf84528cfa20931c47/org.apache.ivyde.eclipse/src/java/org/apache/ivyde/internal/eclipse/ui/preferences/PreferenceConstants.java#L136

> I think it deserves to be fixed before being consumed by end users.
> So -1 for me.
>
> Also, it will be better to mention the sha1 of the git tag and the svn
revision of the artifact in dist. We should update the release instructions
to not forgot it, like I have done for the last release of Ivy:

https://github.com/apache/ant-ivy/blob/master/asciidoc/dev/makerelease.adoc#11-call-for-a-vote-to-approve-the-release
<
https://github.com/apache/ant-ivy/blob/master/asciidoc/dev/makerelease.adoc#11-call-for-a-vote-to-approve-the-release

> Nicolas
>
>> Le 17 juin 2018 à 08:45, Jaikiran Pai <[hidden email]> a écrit
:

>> This is a newer vote mail that I'm initiating for the 2.3.0-rc1 release
of IvyDE.

>> The newly updated tag is here
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivyde.git;a=commit;h=refs/tags/2.3.0-rc1

>> You can download the distribution from this URL:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/2.3.0-rc1/

>> The Eclipse p2 repository is here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivyde-2.3.0.rc1-201806171016-RELEASE/

>> The 2.3.0-rc1 release of IvyDE consists of the following changes:
>>
>> * FIX: xml bomb in workspace causes hang in Ivy code during Search or
Synchronize operations (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-354)
>> * FIX: Deadlock in classpath container (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-361)
>> * FIX: Typo in IvyResolveJob (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-362)
>> * FIX: User-selected configurations not checked in the viewer (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-378)
>> * FIX: Fix ClassCastException (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-386)

>> * NEW: Support for OSGi 'Bundle-Classpath' directive
>> * NEW: Basic support for the workspace resolver to find OSGi bundles
managed by Ivy in the workspace

>> * NEW: Support for storing credentials securely
>>

>> Do you vote for the release of these binaries?
>>

>> -Jaikiran

[CANCEL] [VOTE] Apache IvyDE 2.3.0-rc1 release

Jaikiran Pai
Given the nature of this issue, I'm cancelling this vote.

A new one will be initiated this week.

-Jaikiran