[VOTE] Ivy 2.5.0-rc1 Release

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[VOTE] Ivy 2.5.0-rc1 Release

Nicolas Lalevée
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Ivy 2.5.0-rc1 Release

Nicolas Lalevée

> Le 12 avr. 2018 à 18:29, Nicolas Lalevée <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> I have built a release candidate for Ivy 2.5.0-rc1.
>
> The git tag of this release is: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.5.0-rc1 <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.5.0-rc1> with the sha1 887fd46f3e90016e313f7724ca259b936d30a03e
>
> The artifacts has been published to: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivy/2.5.0-rc1 <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivy/2.5.0-rc1> at revision 26310
>
> The staging Maven repository is available there: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1026 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1026>
>
> The Eclipse updatesite has been build there: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivy-2.5.0.cr1_20180412005306 <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivy-2.5.0.cr1_20180412005306>
>
> Do you vote for the release of these binaries?

I have a very poor internet connection, I had to do the build on a remote server, so I have only done the basic checks, but it seems to works properly. Well, I have at least loaded in an Eclipse and it resolves properly.
I have only missed to set the date in the release notes in the packaged zip and tgz distributions, it still looks like this: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/master/release-notes.html <http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/master/release-notes.html>. I think this is OK. I’ll just fix the version on the site once actually published.

So +1 for me.

Nicolas

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Ivy 2.5.0-rc1 Release

Jaikiran Pai
In reply to this post by Nicolas Lalevée
+1.

Thank you Nicolas for running this release.

Tested the following:

- Downloaded the .tar.gz binary

- Checked some random docs, that are part of the download. Looks fine.

- Built some random internal projects using this downloaded version of
Ivy, using Java 8. All went well.

- Verified bug fixes for some random fixes that were part of this
release (IVY-1540 and IVY-1577). Worked fine.

- Built some internal projects using the downloaded version of Ivy,
using Java 9. All went fine.


-Jaikiran


On 12/04/18 9:59 PM, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

> I have built a release candidate for Ivy 2.5.0-rc1.
>
> The git tag of this release is: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.5.0-rc1 <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.5.0-rc1> with the sha1 887fd46f3e90016e313f7724ca259b936d30a03e
>
> The artifacts has been published to: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivy/2.5.0-rc1 <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivy/2.5.0-rc1> at revision 26310
>
> The staging Maven repository is available there: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1026 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1026>
>
> The Eclipse updatesite has been build there: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivy-2.5.0.cr1_20180412005306 <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivy-2.5.0.cr1_20180412005306>
>
> Do you vote for the release of these binaries?
>
> Regards,
> Nicolas
>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Ivy 2.5.0-rc1 Release

Stefan Bodewig
In reply to this post by Nicolas Lalevée
On 2018-04-12, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

> I have built a release candidate for Ivy 2.5.0-rc1.

> The git tag of this release is: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.5.0-rc1 <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.5.0-rc1> with the sha1 887fd46f3e90016e313f7724ca259b936d30a03e

> The artifacts has been published to: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivy/2.5.0-rc1 <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivy/2.5.0-rc1> at revision 26310

As usual I haven't tested anything, just looked at the legal stuff,
i.e. NOTICE and LICENSE are where they should be an look OK, checksums
are fine, tag and source archive match and RAT is reasonably happy.

> Do you vote for the release of these binaries?

+1

If you want to call them 2.5.0-rc1. If you want the release to be 2.5.0
then the names of the archives and the jars are all wrong and you'll
have to rebuild everything (and call for another vote).

It would be good if you could sign the tag as well.

A minor nit, the .gitignore and .gitattributes files are mssing from the
source archives. I don't consider this important but it would be nice if
this could be fixed after the release.

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Ivy 2.5.0-rc1 Release

Nicolas Lalevée


> Le 14 avr. 2018 à 19:02, Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> On 2018-04-12, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
>
>> I have built a release candidate for Ivy 2.5.0-rc1.
>
>> The git tag of this release is: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.5.0-rc1 <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.5.0-rc1> with the sha1 887fd46f3e90016e313f7724ca259b936d30a03e
>
>> The artifacts has been published to: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivy/2.5.0-rc1 <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivy/2.5.0-rc1> at revision 26310
>
> As usual I haven't tested anything, just looked at the legal stuff,
> i.e. NOTICE and LICENSE are where they should be an look OK, checksums
> are fine, tag and source archive match and RAT is reasonably happy.
>
>> Do you vote for the release of these binaries?
>
> +1
>
> If you want to call them 2.5.0-rc1. If you want the release to be 2.5.0
> then the names of the archives and the jars are all wrong and you'll
> have to rebuild everything (and call for another vote).

We should probably have discussed it, or I should have been more clear in my proposal for this release. The last release we did of Ivy was a long time ago, so a lot has been included in this release. Then yes, that was intentional, a 2.5.0-rc1 will be for public consumption, with that rc marker showing the release may be not as stable as expected.

> It would be good if you could sign the tag as well.

I think I did. I remember using 'git tag -s’ and being asked the password of my private key.

I can see a PGP signature in SourceTree.
Github states it is verified: https://github.com/apache/ant-ivy/releases/tag/2.5.0-rc1 <https://github.com/apache/ant-ivy/releases/tag/2.5.0-rc1>
'git verify-tag 2.5.0-rc1’ states it has a 'Good signature’

I am not fluent with git. I may have missed something.

> A minor nit, the .gitignore and .gitattributes files are mssing from the
> source archives. I don't consider this important but it would be nice if
> this could be fixed after the release.

Nice catch. I’ll fix that.

Thank you for your time Stefan.

Nicolas

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Ivy 2.5.0-rc1 Release

Stefan Bodewig
On 2018-04-15, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

>> Le 14 avr. 2018 à 19:02, Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]> a écrit :

>>> Do you vote for the release of these binaries?

>> +1

>> If you want to call them 2.5.0-rc1. If you want the release to be 2.5.0
>> then the names of the archives and the jars are all wrong and you'll
>> have to rebuild everything (and call for another vote).

> We should probably have discussed it, or I should have been more clear
> in my proposal for this release. The last release we did of Ivy was a
> long time ago, so a lot has been included in this release. Then yes,
> that was intentional, a 2.5.0-rc1 will be for public consumption, with
> that rc marker showing the release may be not as stable as expected.

Understood. So my +1 stands :-)

>> It would be good if you could sign the tag as well.

> I think I did. I remember using 'git tag -s’ and being asked the
> password of my private key.

You did, I just didn't look close enough. Everything is fine.

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Ivy 2.5.0-rc1 Release

Maarten Coene-2
In reply to this post by Nicolas Lalevée
+1
I couldn't test the Ant tasks though as we still run Ant with Java 6.


Maarten
      Van: Nicolas Lalevée <[hidden email]>
 Aan: Ant Developers List <[hidden email]>
 Verzonden: donderdag 12 april 18:29 2018
 Onderwerp: [VOTE] Ivy 2.5.0-rc1 Release
   
I have built a release candidate for Ivy 2.5.0-rc1.

The git tag of this release is: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.5.0-rc1 <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.5.0-rc1> with the sha1 887fd46f3e90016e313f7724ca259b936d30a03e

The artifacts has been published to: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivy/2.5.0-rc1 <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivy/2.5.0-rc1> at revision 26310

The staging Maven repository is available there: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1026 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1026>

The Eclipse updatesite has been build there: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivy-2.5.0.cr1_20180412005306 <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivy-2.5.0.cr1_20180412005306>

Do you vote for the release of these binaries?

Regards,
Nicolas


   
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[RESULT][VOTE] Ivy 2.5.0-rc1 Release

Nicolas Lalevée
In reply to this post by Nicolas Lalevée
The release got 4 binding +1. The release is thus accepted.

I’ll get it published then.

Nicolas

> Le 12 avr. 2018 à 18:29, Nicolas Lalevée <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> I have built a release candidate for Ivy 2.5.0-rc1.
>
> The git tag of this release is: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.5.0-rc1 <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.5.0-rc1> with the sha1 887fd46f3e90016e313f7724ca259b936d30a03e
>
> The artifacts has been published to: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivy/2.5.0-rc1 <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivy/2.5.0-rc1> at revision 26310
>
> The staging Maven repository is available there: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1026 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1026>
>
> The Eclipse updatesite has been build there: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivy-2.5.0.cr1_20180412005306 <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivy-2.5.0.cr1_20180412005306>
>
> Do you vote for the release of these binaries?
>
> Regards,
> Nicolas
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Ivy 2.5.0-rc1 Release

Nicolas Lalevée
Binaries have been pushed, but the process to update the site still reference the old way, with a documentation managed with xooki. So I’ll need some time to create a process for asciidoc based documentation and run it.

Nicolas

> Le 19 avr. 2018 à 20:13, Nicolas Lalevée <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> The release got 4 binding +1. The release is thus accepted.
>
> I’ll get it published then.
>
> Nicolas
>
>> Le 12 avr. 2018 à 18:29, Nicolas Lalevée <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> I have built a release candidate for Ivy 2.5.0-rc1.
>>
>> The git tag of this release is: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.5.0-rc1 <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-ivy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.5.0-rc1> with the sha1 887fd46f3e90016e313f7724ca259b936d30a03e
>>
>> The artifacts has been published to: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivy/2.5.0-rc1 <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivy/2.5.0-rc1> at revision 26310
>>
>> The staging Maven repository is available there: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1026 <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1026>
>>
>> The Eclipse updatesite has been build there: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivy-2.5.0.cr1_20180412005306 <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/ivyde/updatesite/ivy-2.5.0.cr1_20180412005306>
>>
>> Do you vote for the release of these binaries?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Nicolas
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]