[VOTE] Release Ant 1.10.0 based on RC1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[VOTE] Release Ant 1.10.0 based on RC1

Stefan Bodewig
Hi all

I've created a release candidate for 1.10.0:

git tag: ANT_1.10.0_RC1
         on commit: ffcbcd7
tarballs: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/
          revision: 17588
Maven artifacts:
    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1011/org/apache/ant/

This Vote will be open at least for 72 hours and close no earlier than
2016-12-30 7:00UTC.

Cheers

        Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [VOTE] Release Ant 1.10.0 based on RC1

Stefan Bodewig
On 2016-12-27, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> I've created a release candidate for 1.10.0:

> git tag: ANT_1.10.0_RC1
>          on commit: ffcbcd7
> tarballs: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/
>           revision: 17588
> Maven artifacts:
>     https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1011/org/apache/ant/

> This Vote will be open at least for 72 hours and close no earlier than
> 2016-12-30 7:00UTC.

Making my own vote explicit: +1

It seems christmas is a bad time for votes, I'll simply leave this (as
well the 1.9.8 vote) open for a bit longer.

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [VOTE] Release Ant 1.10.0 based on RC1

Maarten Coene-2
Stefan,
I couldn't test this 1.10.0 release since our buildscripts are not compatible with Java 8.(we have some javascript that are not compatible with the new java 8 javascript engine)

I could only check the git tag and the binaries and they looks ok to me.So here is my +1 vote.
kind regards,
Maarten

      Van: Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]>
 Aan: [hidden email]
 Verzonden: donderdag 29 december 19:56 2016
 Onderwerp: Re: [VOTE] Release Ant 1.10.0 based on RC1
   
On 2016-12-27, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> I've created a release candidate for 1.10.0:

> git tag: ANT_1.10.0_RC1
>          on commit: ffcbcd7
> tarballs: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/
>          revision: 17588
> Maven artifacts:
>    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1011/org/apache/ant/

> This Vote will be open at least for 72 hours and close no earlier than
> 2016-12-30 7:00UTC.

Making my own vote explicit: +1

It seems christmas is a bad time for votes, I'll simply leave this (as
well the 1.9.8 vote) open for a bit longer.

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]



   
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [VOTE] Release Ant 1.10.0 based on RC1

Paul King
In reply to this post by Stefan Bodewig
+1 (non-binding)
I checked the checksums and signature of the source zip.
I ran Groovy's master branch against this version including its
groovy-ant test suite.
I must admit to not having followed much recent discussion on the dev
mailing list. Just as an aside for future reference, I thought perhaps
more discussion of the difference between versions would be useful in
the release notes or manual. I initially assumed that 1.10.0 followed
1.9.8 but the split is really at 1.9.7 IIUC. In particular, I found
having the 1.9.8 section above the 1.10.0 section a little confusing
in the README file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/README.html
It's certainly not worth redoing the release for and I assume the
build process just prepends - it was just a little strange having them
out of order.

Cheers, Paul.

On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 5:07 PM, Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've created a release candidate for 1.10.0:
>
> git tag: ANT_1.10.0_RC1
>          on commit: ffcbcd7
> tarballs: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/
>           revision: 17588
> Maven artifacts:
>     https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1011/org/apache/ant/
>
> This Vote will be open at least for 72 hours and close no earlier than
> 2016-12-30 7:00UTC.
>
> Cheers
>
>         Stefan
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

1.9.8 vs 1.10.0 (was Re: [VOTE] Release Ant 1.10.0 based on RC1)

Stefan Bodewig
On 2016-12-30, Paul King wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
> I checked the checksums and signature of the source zip.
> I ran Groovy's master branch against this version including its
> groovy-ant test suite.

Thanks a lot.

> I must admit to not having followed much recent discussion on the dev
> mailing list. Just as an aside for future reference, I thought perhaps
> more discussion of the difference between versions would be useful in
> the release notes or manual. I initially assumed that 1.10.0 followed
> 1.9.8 but the split is really at 1.9.7 IIUC.

Yes, this is correct. This is something we'll need to properly adress in
the release announcement as well as on the home page.

> In particular, I found having the 1.9.8 section above the 1.10.0
> section a little confusing in the README file:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/README.html It's certainly
> not worth redoing the release for and I assume the build process just
> prepends - it was just a little strange having them out of order.

The README.html isn't really part of the release and we can simply
modify it at will at any time. Let me try to improve on what we have
right now.

Many thanks for the feedback

     Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 1.9.8 vs 1.10.0 (was Re: [VOTE] Release Ant 1.10.0 based on RC1)

Stefan Bodewig
On 2016-12-30, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> The README.html isn't really part of the release and we can simply
> modify it at will at any time. Let me try to improve on what we have
> right now.

I've modified the introduction of
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/README.html - is this clearer
now?

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: 1.9.8 vs 1.10.0 (was Re: [VOTE] Release Ant 1.10.0 based on RC1)

Paul King
Yep, that makes things clearer. Nice.

Cheers, Paul.

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 2:50 AM, Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2016-12-30, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>> The README.html isn't really part of the release and we can simply
>> modify it at will at any time. Let me try to improve on what we have
>> right now.
>
> I've modified the introduction of
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/README.html - is this clearer
> now?
>
> Stefan
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [VOTE] Release Ant 1.10.0 based on RC1

Jean-Louis BOUDART
In reply to this post by Paul King
+1 here

2016-12-30 14:45 GMT+01:00 Paul King <[hidden email]>:

> +1 (non-binding)
> I checked the checksums and signature of the source zip.
> I ran Groovy's master branch against this version including its
> groovy-ant test suite.
> I must admit to not having followed much recent discussion on the dev
> mailing list. Just as an aside for future reference, I thought perhaps
> more discussion of the difference between versions would be useful in
> the release notes or manual. I initially assumed that 1.10.0 followed
> 1.9.8 but the split is really at 1.9.7 IIUC. In particular, I found
> having the 1.9.8 section above the 1.10.0 section a little confusing
> in the README file:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/README.html
> It's certainly not worth redoing the release for and I assume the
> build process just prepends - it was just a little strange having them
> out of order.
>
> Cheers, Paul.
>
> On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 5:07 PM, Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I've created a release candidate for 1.10.0:
> >
> > git tag: ANT_1.10.0_RC1
> >          on commit: ffcbcd7
> > tarballs: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/
> >           revision: 17588
> > Maven artifacts:
> >     https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
> orgapacheant-1011/org/apache/ant/
> >
> > This Vote will be open at least for 72 hours and close no earlier than
> > 2016-12-30 7:00UTC.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> >         Stefan
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


--
Jean Louis Boudart
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[RESULT] Release Ant 1.10.0 based on RC1

Stefan Bodewig
In reply to this post by Stefan Bodewig
Hi all

with binding +1s by Maarten Coene, Jean-Louis Boudart and myself and the
additional +1 by Paul King the vote has passed and I'll start the
release process.

Announcements will go out once the mirrors have caught up, likely in
2017 :-)

Many thanks to those who took the time to review the artifacts

     Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Loading...