[VOTE] Release Ant 1.10.5 based on RC1

Stefan Bodewig
Hi all

I've created a new release candidate for 1.10.5 with a few bug fixes and
and the "single source executable" feature for Java11.

git tag: ANT_1.10.5_RC1
         on commit: c0848d2c6
tarballs: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/
         revision: 28015
Maven artifacts:
         https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1035/org/apache/ant/

This Vote will be open at least for 72 hours and close no earlier than
2018-07-13 10:00UTC.

Cheers

Re: [VOTE] Release Ant 1.10.5 based on RC1

Jaikiran Pai
+1

- Downloaded the .tar.gz from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/

- Extracted locally

- Checked the NOTICE and WHATSNEW files. Looks fine.

- Checked some random manuals. Looks fine.

- Checked the javac task manual. Looks fine.

- Tested the following build script to verify that it fails with a
previous version of 1.10.x and now passes in 1.10.5:

<project>
     <target name="test-get">
         <get
src="http://downloads.sourceforge.net/easymock/easymock-3.2.zip"
dest="${basedir}/downloaded/"/>
     </target>

</project>

- Tested the following build script to verify that the new "sourcefile"
feature of Java task works:

<project>
     <target name="source-java">
         <java fork="true" sourcefile="A.java"/>
     </target>

</project>

A.java:

public class A {
     public static void main(final String[] args) throws Exception {
         System.out.println("Hello Ant 1.10.5!");
     }
}

Worked fine.

-Jaikiran

On 10/07/18 3:25 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've created a new release candidate for 1.10.5 with a few bug fixes and
> and the "single source executable" feature for Java11.
>
> git tag: ANT_1.10.5_RC1
>           on commit: c0848d2c6
> tarballs: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/
>           revision: 28015
> Maven artifacts:
>           https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1035/org/apache/ant/
>
> This Vote will be open at least for 72 hours and close no earlier than
> 2018-07-13 10:00UTC.
>
> Cheers
>
>          Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release Ant 1.10.5 based on RC1

Maarten Coene-2
We did some minimal testing with this version in our build process.No issues were found.
+1
Maarten

Re: [VOTE] Release Ant 1.10.5 based on RC1

Paul King
+1 (non-binding)

I ran the Groovy test suite against the candidate jars and everything
passed.
There are over 100 tests related to AntBuilder and the groovy, groovyc,
groovydoc ant tasks.

Cheers, Paul.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 7:55 PM Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've created a new release candidate for 1.10.5 with a few bug fixes and
> and the "single source executable" feature for Java11.
>
> git tag: ANT_1.10.5_RC1
>          on commit: c0848d2c6
> tarballs: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/
>          revision: 28015
> Maven artifacts:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1035/org/apache/ant/
>
> This Vote will be open at least for 72 hours and close no earlier than
> 2018-07-13 10:00UTC.
>
> Cheers
>
>         Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release Ant 1.10.5 based on RC1

Nicolas Lalevée
+1

> Le 10 juil. 2018 à 11:55, Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi all
>
> I've created a new release candidate for 1.10.5 with a few bug fixes and
> and the "single source executable" feature for Java11.
>
> git tag: ANT_1.10.5_RC1
>         on commit: c0848d2c6
> tarballs: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/
>         revision: 28015
> Maven artifacts:
>         https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1035/org/apache/ant/
>
> This Vote will be open at least for 72 hours and close no earlier than
> 2018-07-13 10:00UTC.
>
> Cheers
>
>        Stefan

[RESULT] Release Ant 1.10.5 based on RC1

Hi all

with +1s by

Jaikiran Pai
Maarten Coene
Paul King (not binding but much appreciated)
Nicolas Lalevée
Stefan Bodewig (implicit)

and no other votes the vote has passed. I'll start the usual publish,
wait for mirrors, announce cycle now.

Thanks to everybody who voted