[VOTE] Release AntUnit 1.4 Based on RC1

Stefan Bodewig
Hi all

there haven't been big changes but the race condition has been nagging
us, so I've prepared artifacts to release them as AntUnit 1.4.

tag:
     https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-antlibs-antunit.git;a=tag;h=c4af2e6f2ff632b896a15e7611e01b36bf4eada9

tarballs:
     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/antlibs/antunit/
     svn revision 27536

Maven artifacts:
     https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-antlibs-antunit.git;a=tag;h=c4af2e6f2ff632b896a15e7611e01b36bf4eada9

vote will be open for 72 hours and not close before 2018-06-21 21:00 UTC.

Re: [VOTE] Release AntUnit 1.4 Based on RC1

Stefan Bodewig
On 2018-06-18, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Hi all

> there haven't been big changes but the race condition has been nagging
> us, so I've prepared artifacts to release them as AntUnit 1.4.

> tag:
>      https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-antlibs-antunit.git;a=tag;h=c4af2e6f2ff632b896a15e7611e01b36bf4eada9

> tarballs:
>      https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/antlibs/antunit/
>      svn revision 27536

> Maven artifacts:
>      https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-antlibs-antunit.git;a=tag;h=c4af2e6f2ff632b896a15e7611e01b36bf4eada9

sorry, Maven artifacts:
       https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1029/org/apache/ant/ant-antunit/1.4/

Re: [VOTE] Release AntUnit 1.4 Based on RC1

Jaikiran Pai
- Downloaded the tarballs (both source and binaries). Installed locally.

- Verified the checksum file. All fine.

- Ran a few antunit tests via simple Ant build files. All fine.

This all looked fine. There are some minor issues though:

1. The NOTICE file copyright year is 2005-2014

2. The docs/index.html points to an incorrect location for source code:

     ant-antlibs-antunit git repository - <a
href="http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ant/antlibs/antunit/trunk/">https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/ant-antlibs-antunit.git</a>.</p>

The text of that link has the right location, however the actual href
points to the SVN repo.

3. The docs/assert.html has a typo in its example:

<assertTrue message="foo is bar">
         <not>
           <equals arg1="${foo}" arg2="bar"/>
         </not>
       </assertTrue message="foo is bar">

The closing assertTrue tag is malformed. This specific typo isn't a blocker IMO,
for the release. Neither do I consider the index.html repo link typo to be a blocker.

I don't know if the copyright year issue should warrant a new vote. If it doesn't, then it's a +1 for this release from me.

-Jaikiran

On 19/06/18 1:27 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On 2018-06-18, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>> there haven't been big changes but the race condition has been nagging
>> us, so I've prepared artifacts to release them as AntUnit 1.4.
>> tag:
>>       https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-antlibs-antunit.git;a=tag;h=c4af2e6f2ff632b896a15e7611e01b36bf4eada9
>> tarballs:
>>       https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/antlibs/antunit/
>>       svn revision 27536
>> Maven artifacts:
>>       https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=ant-antlibs-antunit.git;a=tag;h=c4af2e6f2ff632b896a15e7611e01b36bf4eada9
> sorry, Maven artifacts:
>         https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1029/org/apache/ant/ant-antunit/1.4/

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release AntUnit 1.4 Based on RC1

Stefan Bodewig
On 2018-06-19, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> I don't know if the copyright year issue should warrant a new vote. If it doesn't, then it's a +1 for this release from me.

I'm afraud it does. Strange this splipped through as it is one of the
things I check when vetting releases other people have
cut. Overconfidence, I guess :-)

Thanks for pointing it out, I'll cut a new RC.