[VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.5 based on RC1

[VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.5 based on RC1

Stefan Bodewig
Hi all

I've created a release candidate for Compress Antlib 1.5. This catches
up with Commons Compress 1.14 and thus adds write support for LZMA and
Snappy, full support for LZ4 and read-only support for Brotli.

git tag: 1_5_RC1
         on commit: 84e2f9b
tarballs: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/antlibs/compress/
          revision: 19840
Maven artifacts:
          https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1015/org/apache/ant/ant-compress/1.5/

This Vote will be open at least for 72 hours and close no earlier than
2017-06-02 18:30UTC.

Cheers

Re: [VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.5 based on RC1

Maarten Coene-2
The changes.xml still contains the following line:<release version="1.5" date="unreleased">
I'm not sure this should block the release, but I think it would be better to fill in the correct date.

Maarten

On 2017-05-31, Maarten Coene wrote:

> The changes.xml still contains the following line:<release version="1.5" date="unreleased">
> I'm not sure this should block the release, but I think it would be better to fill in the correct date.

This is a chicken and egg problem. As long as the vote hasn't passed, I
don't know the release date :-)

AW: [VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.5 based on RC1

Matèrne, Jan (RZF, SG 481)
Maybe
<release version="1.5" date="during-release" vote-starts="2017-05-30">?

Jan

> The changes.xml still contains the following line:<release version="1.5" date="unreleased">
> I'm not sure this should block the release, but I think it would be better to fill in the correct date.

This is a chicken and egg problem. As long as the vote hasn't passed, I
don't know the release date :-)

Re: AW: [VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.5 based on RC1

Maarten Coene-2
Why not simply <release version="1.5" date="2017-05-30"> ?That is the date the vote started and the binaries were built?Or perhaps you could add a few days to it and make sure the vote ends at that date?

It's just strange when reading the documentation of a released version to see that it's 'unreleased' or 'during-release'...

Maarten

<release version="1.5" date="during-release" vote-starts="2017-05-30">?

Jan

> The changes.xml still contains the following line:<release version="1.5" date="unreleased">
> I'm not sure this should block the release, but I think it would be better to fill in the correct date.

This is a chicken and egg problem. As long as the vote hasn't passed, I
don't know the release date :-)

Re: [VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.5 based on RC1

Stefan Bodewig
Maarten, Jan

right now this only has my implicit vote. Would you be more inclined to
vote if the date was included inside the changelog? If so, I'll re-roll
the release.

Stefan

On 2017-05-31, Maarten Coene wrote:

> Why not simply <release version="1.5" date="2017-05-30"> ?That is the date the vote started and the binaries were built?Or perhaps you could add a few days to it and make sure the vote ends at that date?

> It's just strange when reading the documentation of a released version to see that it's 'unreleased' or 'during-release'...

> Maarten

No Stefan, I was just wondering if it was normal that this file didn't contain the release date.If the current situation is fine for you, I'll give my vote.
Maarten

On 2017-05-31, Maarten Coene wrote:

> Why not simply <release version="1.5" date="2017-05-30"> ?That is the date the vote started and the binaries were built?Or perhaps you could add a few days to it and make sure the vote ends at that date?

> It's just strange when reading the documentation of a released version to see that it's 'unreleased' or 'during-release'...

> Maarten

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.5 based on RC1

Hi all

I've just realized that the ivy.xml file I've published to Nexus has
completely different coordinates from the one used in earlier
releases. It used to be

    <info organisation="org/apache"
          module="ant" ...>
        <artifact name="ant-compress" ...

for 1.5 RC1 it is

    <info organisation="Apache Ant"
          module="ant-compress" ...>
        <artifact name="ant-compress" ...

and the current master branch would create

    <info organisation="org.apache.ant"
          module="ant-compress"
         <artifact name="ant-compress" ...

I'm not sure whether anybody uses Ivy to obtain the antlib, but if they
do it is certainly broken by that change. Neither 1.5 RC1 nor master look
correct to me.

I'm on the fence whether organization should be org/apache or org.apache
but given Ant itself uses the slash version and the Compress Antlib has
done so before I'm inclined to go with that.

Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.5 based on RC1

the master is correct and all previous coordinates as well as RC1 are wrong.

> Hi all
>
> I've just realized that the ivy.xml file I've published to Nexus has
> completely different coordinates from the one used in earlier
> releases. It used to be
>
>     <info organisation="org/apache"
>           module="ant" ...>
>         <artifact name="ant-compress" ...
>
> for 1.5 RC1 it is
>
>     <info organisation="Apache Ant"
>           module="ant-compress" ...>
>         <artifact name="ant-compress" ...
>
> and the current master branch would create
>
>     <info organisation="org.apache.ant"
>           module="ant-compress"
>          <artifact name="ant-compress" ...
>
> I'm not sure whether anybody uses Ivy to obtain the antlib, but if they
> do it is certainly broken by that change. Neither 1.5 RC1 nor master look
> correct to me.
>
> I'm on the fence whether organization should be org/apache or org.apache
> but given Ant itself uses the slash version and the Compress Antlib has
> done so before I'm inclined to go with that.
>
> Stefan

Re: [CANCEL][VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.5 based on RC1

Gintautas Grigelionis
Luckily, all the old poms have correct coordinates :-) They MUST be the
same in pom.xml and ivy.xml

On 2017-05-31, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> Luckily, all the old poms have correct coordinates :-) They MUST be the
> same in pom.xml and ivy.xml

Well. Ironically the folks working on Ant libs are more familiar with
Maven then with Ivy, at least I am.

After re-reading the Ivy docs I fully have to agree with

>> the master is correct and all previous coordinates as well as RC1 are
>> wrong.

and will start a separate thread for this.