[VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.5 based on RC3

[VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.5 based on RC3

Stefan Bodewig
Hi all

third attempt :-)

I've created a new release candidate for Compress Antlib 1.5, this time
the source distribution should contain everything needed to build.

git tag: 1_5_RC3
         on commit: 3194691
tarballs: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/antlibs/compress/
          revision: 19936
Maven artifacts:
          https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1019/org/apache/ant/ant-compress/1.5/

This Vote will be open at least for 72 hours and close no earlier than
2017-06-11 12:00UTC.

Cheers

Re: [VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.5 based on RC3

Nicolas Lalevée
LGTM
+1 for this release

Nicolas

On 2017-06-08, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> I've created a new release candidate for Compress Antlib 1.5, this time
> the source distribution should contain everything needed to build.

> git tag: 1_5_RC3
>          on commit: 3194691
> tarballs: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/antlibs/compress/
>           revision: 19936
> Maven artifacts:
>           https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1019/org/apache/ant/ant-compress/1.5/

> This Vote will be open at least for 72 hours and close no earlier than
> 2017-06-11 12:00UTC.

+1

AW: [VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.5 based on RC3

Jan Matèrne (jhm)
+1
Should we include the PGP [e.g. 1] signature in the future?

Jan

[1]
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/antlibs/compress/binaries/apache-
ant-compress-1.5-bin.zip.asc

Answer myself: should be only on ASF server, so people could trust that ;)
Maybe place a note (next time) how to check that (do we have a build snippet
for that?)

[RESULT] Release Compress Antlib 1.5 based on RC3

Hi all

with +1s by Nicolas, Jan and myself and no other votes this vote has
passed.

I'll publish the artifacts and give the mirrors time to catch up before
sending out the announcement.

Thanks to all who took the time to look into any of the several RCs.

On 2017-06-13, Jan Matèrne (jhm) wrote:

>> Should we include the PGP [e.g. 1] signature in the future?

> Answer myself: should be only on ASF server, so people could trust that ;)
> Maybe place a note (next time) how to check that (do we have a build snippet
> for that?)

I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

Should I have included the PGP signature of any of the artifacts inside
of the vote email?

The vote email I've sent may have been a bit terse and I'm happy to
improve on it.

AW: [VOTE] Release Compress Antlib 1.5 based on RC3

Jan Matèrne (jhm)
My first thought was 'I want to have all the stuff inside the distro.' That means also the ASC.
But having the ASC inside the distro means letting the key on the lock ...

So the 2nd thought was: how to verify the download?
- download
- hashvalue checksum
- pgp check
We could provide a howto file in the distro, but we also could provide a build snippet for automating that.
a) provide the snippet via website and define an Ant property which artifact to get
b) provide the snippet inside the distro and will only do the two checks (getting the checksums directly from the ASF server)

Jan

Matt Sicker
I generally import each project's KEYS file, and having been to a key
signing party before at ApacheCon, I have a small web of trust to help
verify those signatures. The more people sign each other's keys, the easier
it is to verify.

On 14 June 2017 at 02:59, Jan Matèrne (jhm) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My first thought was 'I want to have all the stuff inside the distro.'
> That means also the ASC.
> But having the ASC inside the distro means letting the key on the lock ...
>
> So the 2nd thought was: how to verify the download?
> - download
> - hashvalue checksum
> - pgp check
> We could provide a howto file in the distro, but we also could provide a
> build snippet for automating that.
> a) provide the snippet via website and define an Ant property which
> artifact to get
> b) provide the snippet inside the distro and will only do the two checks
> (getting the checksums directly from the ASF server)
>

> Jan

Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>