ant wsimport2 task example with jdk 11 or above

ant wsimport2 task example with jdk 11 or above

Atul Pendse
Hi,

Does anyone have an example of wsimport ant task that works with JDK 11 or above?
I would greatly appreciate any help around this.

We are migrating from jdk8 to jdk 11/12/13, but can't seem to get wsimport working with ant.

Thanks,
Atul

Re: ant wsimport2 task example with jdk 11 or above

Jaikiran Pai-2
I don't have much knowledge of this task, but what is the exact issue
that you are running into with it in Java 11? Can you paste the relevant
build snippet and the complete stacktrace (if any)?

-Jaikiran

On 21/12/19 12:17 AM, Atul Pendse wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have an example of wsimport ant task that works with JDK 11 or above?
> I would greatly appreciate any help around this.
>
> We are migrating from jdk8 to jdk 11/12/13, but can't seem to get wsimport working with ant.
>
> Thanks,
> Atul

Re: ant wsimport2 task example with jdk 11 or above

Craig Pell
On 12/20/19 1:47 PM, Atul Pendse wrote:
> Does anyone have an example of wsimport ant task that works with JDK 11 or above?
> I would greatly appreciate any help around this.
>
> We are migrating from jdk8 to jdk 11/12/13, but can't seem to get wsimport working with ant.

JAX-WS has been removed from Java SE starting with Java 11.  This means
wsimport and its corresponding Ant task are no longer part of Java SE.

You can download JAX-WS at: https://javaee.github.io/metro-jax-ws/

I haven’t tried this, but you should be able to declare the wsimport
task in a manner pretty similar to how it was done in Java 8:

<taskdef name="wsimport" classname="com.sun.tools.ws.ant.WsImport">
     <classpath>
         <fileset dir="/path/to/jaxws-ri/lib" includes="**/*.jar"/>
     </classpath>
</taskdef>

Re: ant wsimport2 task example with jdk 11 or above

Atul Pendse
Thanks Craig, I will try this.

Thanks,
Atul

> On 21-Dec-2019, at 11:40 PM, Craig Pell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 12/20/19 1:47 PM, Atul Pendse wrote:
>> Does anyone have an example of wsimport ant task that works with JDK 11 or above?
>> I would greatly appreciate any help around this.
>> We are migrating from jdk8 to jdk 11/12/13, but can't seem to get wsimport working with ant.
>
> JAX-WS has been removed from Java SE starting with Java 11.  This means wsimport and its corresponding Ant task are no longer part of Java SE.
>
> You can download JAX-WS at: https://javaee.github.io/metro-jax-ws/
>
> I haven’t tried this, but you should be able to declare the wsimport task in a manner pretty similar to how it was done in Java 8:
>
> <taskdef name="wsimport" classname="com.sun.tools.ws.ant.WsImport">
>    <classpath>
>        <fileset dir="/path/to/jaxws-ri/lib" includes="**/*.jar"/>
>    </classpath>
> </taskdef>

Re: ant wsimport2 task example with jdk 11 or above

Atul Pendse
Yep, it works. Thank you very much craig.