dependeset-test failures

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

dependeset-test failures

Stefan Bodewig
Hi all

while running all tests locally I saw dependeset-test is failing, they
are also failing on Jenkins. The last known good revision is
0020d1a16ba4207289d2380dc6981c85455b617f

Is anybody already looking into this?

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: dependeset-test failures

Stefan Bodewig
On 2018-05-20, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Hi all

> while running all tests locally I saw dependeset-test is failing, they
> are also failing on Jenkins. The last known good revision is
> 0020d1a16ba4207289d2380dc6981c85455b617f

> Is anybody already looking into this?

Found it

https://github.com/apache/ant/commit/11422630936848e82c7b13ab3fa68a3003e10195#diff-d84918760549fe4c0e195ba6cbfef4d3R268

this must be max() - the order of the original compare may have been
unexpected, I dont know. I've fixed it by now.

May I use this as an additional hint that performing bulk changes that
nobody really reviews is a bad idea. In addition the test must have
failed everywhere where it was run.

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: dependeset-test failures

Gintautas Grigelionis
2018-05-20 19:52 GMT+02:00 Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]>:

> > Hi all
>
> > while running all tests locally I saw dependeset-test is failing, they
> > are also failing on Jenkins.
>
> Found it
>
> https://github.com/apache/ant/commit/11422630936848e82c7b13a
> b3fa68a3003e10195#diff-d84918760549fe4c0e195ba6cbfef4d3R268
>
> this must be max() - the order of the original compare may have been
> unexpected, I dont know. I've fixed it by now.
>
> May I use this as an additional hint that performing bulk changes that
> nobody really reviews is a bad idea. In addition the test must have
> failed everywhere where it was run.
>

Sorry, my bad, no failures occurred locally, but I saw failures at
JetBrains and you've beaten me to it.

Gintas
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: dependeset-test failures

Stefan Bodewig
On 2018-05-20, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> 2018-05-20 19:52 GMT+02:00 Stefan Bodewig <[hidden email]>:

>>> Hi all

>>> while running all tests locally I saw dependeset-test is failing, they
>>> are also failing on Jenkins.

>> Found it

>> https://github.com/apache/ant/commit/11422630936848e82c7b13a
>> b3fa68a3003e10195#diff-d84918760549fe4c0e195ba6cbfef4d3R268

>> this must be max() - the order of the original compare may have been
>> unexpected, I dont know. I've fixed it by now.

>> May I use this as an additional hint that performing bulk changes that
>> nobody really reviews is a bad idea. In addition the test must have
>> failed everywhere where it was run.

> Sorry, my bad, no failures occurred locally,

No problem with the bug. What concerns me is that you say there have
been no failures locally. This means something must be wrong with the
way you run tests. Please figure out where the problem.

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]