Quantcast

differential pattern sets

Alan Snyder-2
I would like to define a file set containing files selected by one pattern set but excluding those defined by a second pattern set.

Is there a way to do this?

It would be nice if the following worked, but it does not:

      <patternset refid="compile.files"/>
      <not>
        <patternset refid="compile.files.1.9.dependent"/>
      </not>

Re: differential pattern sets

Stefan Bodewig
On 2016-11-19, Alan Snyder wrote:

> I would like to define a file set containing files selected by one pattern set but excluding those defined by a second pattern set.

> Is there a way to do this?

Kind of. You can get a resource colection by using <difference> on two
<fileset>s each one with one of the pattern sets.

The alternative is to replace the <patternset>s with selectors, likely

Re: differential pattern sets

Alan Snyder-2
I guess I should be clearer on my use case. I want to use the differential file set to specify the source files in a javac task. As far as I can tell, the javac task accepts fileset elements but not filesets or resource collections. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

  Alan