jsch to apache mina for sshexec - Ant version 1.9.6 to 1.10.1

jsch to apache mina for sshexec - Ant version 1.9.6 to 1.10.1

Sharat Chandran
Hello,

We use ant internally in our build systems and heavily use sshexec/scp and ssh tasks. These rely on jsch which is an external library. Now that there is Apache Mina is there a way to move away from jsch to apache mina? Jsch project is not very active, so we were looking for an alternative. Is this possible? If yes, does anyone know the steps one needs to do to get this done?

Cheers

Sharat Chandran

"Some is not a number, Soon is not a time"

AW: jsch to apache mina for sshexec - Ant version 1.9.6 to 1.10.1

Jan Matèrne (jhm)
> We use ant internally in our build systems and heavily use sshexec/scp
> and ssh tasks. These rely on jsch which is an external library. Now
> that there is Apache Mina is there a way to move away from jsch to
> apache mina? Jsch project is not very active, so we were looking for an
> alternative. Is this possible? If yes, does anyone know the steps one
> needs to do to get this done?

Ant doesn't have Mina-support out of the box.
Of course it is possible to write tasks for doing the stuff you require.

But if I have a look at Mina [1] I think you want to use the existing
ssh-tasks with Mina SSHD instead of Jsch.
So Guillaume pointed that out [2] - doable but work.

I you want to open a pull request, feel free. ;)

Jan

[1] http://mina.apache.org/sshd-project/index.html
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SSHD-880