"Local" Installation Location for Ant Extensions

"Local" Installation Location for Ant Extensions

R0b0t1
I am wanting to install Ivy, but the locations I have seen referenced, namely:

$ANT_HOME/lib, and
$HOME/.ant/lib

are too "global" for my tastes. If at all possible I would like to
keep everything within my project's directory.

Is this possible? I am having trouble finding answers.

Respectfully,
     R0b0t1.

Re: "Local" Installation Location for Ant Extensions

Dawid Weiss
Set up a script and redirect ANT_HOME to your project's subfolder?
(Copy over or symlink ant files, then proceed as usual).

Dawid

On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 5:14 AM, R0b0t1 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am wanting to install Ivy, but the locations I have seen referenced, namely:
>
> $ANT_HOME/lib, and
> $HOME/.ant/lib
>
> are too "global" for my tastes. If at all possible I would like to
> keep everything within my project's directory.
>
> Is this possible? I am having trouble finding answers.
>
> Respectfully,
>      R0b0t1.

Re: "Local" Installation Location for Ant Extensions

R0b0t1
Hello Dawid,

I'm not sure I understand your suggestion. If I put links inside of
ANT_HOME or HOME/.ant/lib then I have not really avoided what I see as
the issue.

It occurred to me after posting that I can embed an ant installation
inside my project directory, but down this path leads silliness, I
suspect.

Cheers.

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 11:15 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Set up a script and redirect ANT_HOME to your project's subfolder?
> (Copy over or symlink ant files, then proceed as usual).
>
> Dawid
>
> On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 5:14 AM, R0b0t1 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I am wanting to install Ivy, but the locations I have seen referenced, namely:
>>
>> $ANT_HOME/lib, and
>> $HOME/.ant/lib
>>
>> are too "global" for my tastes. If at all possible I would like to
>> keep everything within my project's directory.
>>
>> Is this possible? I am having trouble finding answers.
>>
>> Respectfully,
>>      R0b0t1.

Re: "Local" Installation Location for Ant Extensions

Dawid Weiss
If you copy over or symlink the files (not the lib folder) then you can
have a local version of ant. In general, I would not bother and install
globally.

D.

On Oct 28, 2017 6:39 AM, "R0b0t1" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Dawid,
>
> I'm not sure I understand your suggestion. If I put links inside of
> ANT_HOME or HOME/.ant/lib then I have not really avoided what I see as
> the issue.
>
> It occurred to me after posting that I can embed an ant installation
> inside my project directory, but down this path leads silliness, I
> suspect.
>
> Cheers.
>
> On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 11:15 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Set up a script and redirect ANT_HOME to your project's subfolder?
> > (Copy over or symlink ant files, then proceed as usual).
> >
> > Dawid
> >
> > On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 5:14 AM, R0b0t1 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> I am wanting to install Ivy, but the locations I have seen referenced,
> namely:
> >>
> >> $ANT_HOME/lib, and
> >> $HOME/.ant/lib
> >>
> >> are too "global" for my tastes. If at all possible I would like to
> >> keep everything within my project's directory.
> >>
> >> Is this possible? I am having trouble finding answers.
> >>
> >> Respectfully,
> >>      R0b0t1.

AW: "Local" Installation Location for Ant Extensions

Jan Matèrne (jhm)
You could specify the ivy.jar-location via -lib option.
  ant -lib path/to/ivy.jar myTarget

Or you could specify it _in_ your buildfile, like in
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/samples/build.xml

Jan

Jay Leggett
How about invoking ant via a .sh script and specify your ANT location in that script.

If you copy over or symlink the files (not the lib folder) then you can have a local version of ant. In general, I would not bother and install globally.

D.

On Oct 28, 2017 6:39 AM, "R0b0t1" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Dawid,
>
> I'm not sure I understand your suggestion. If I put links inside of
> ANT_HOME or HOME/.ant/lib then I have not really avoided what I see as
> the issue.
>
> It occurred to me after posting that I can embed an ant installation
> inside my project directory, but down this path leads silliness, I
> suspect.
>
> Cheers.
>
> On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 11:15 PM, Dawid Weiss <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Set up a script and redirect ANT_HOME to your project's subfolder?
> > (Copy over or symlink ant files, then proceed as usual).
> >
> > Dawid
> >
> > On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 5:14 AM, R0b0t1 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> I am wanting to install Ivy, but the locations I have seen
> >> referenced,
> namely:
> >>
> >> $ANT_HOME/lib, and
> >> $HOME/.ant/lib
> >>
> >> are too "global" for my tastes. If at all possible I would like to
> >> keep everything within my project's directory.
> >>
> >> Is this possible? I am having trouble finding answers.
> >>
> >> Respectfully,
> >>      R0b0t1.

Re: "Local" Installation Location for Ant Extensions

R0b0t1
Thanks Mr. Leggett, Mr. Matèrne. That seems the best option. I did get
a Maven project working, but the dependency management has me on edge.

Cheers,
     R0b0t1