sshexec error handling

Dick, Brian E.
I need to execute two commands with sshexec.

<sshexec host="host"
         username="username"
         password="password"
         command="cmd1; cmd2"
         trust="yes"/>

How can I get sshexec to fail when the first command fails?

Later,
BEDick

Re: sshexec error handling

Alexey Solofnenko-2
Like in C: "cmd1 && cmd2"

- Alexey.

Dick, Brian E. wrote:

> I need to execute two commands with sshexec.
>
> <sshexec host="host"
>          username="username"
>          password="password"
>          command="cmd1; cmd2"
>          trust="yes"/>
>
> How can I get sshexec to fail when the first command fails?
>
> Later,
> BEDick

RE: sshexec error handling

Dick, Brian E.
I got it working with "if", but your version is shorter. Thanks.

> I need to execute two commands with sshexec.
>
> <sshexec host="host"
>          username="username"
>          password="password"
>          command="cmd1; cmd2"
>          trust="yes"/>
>
> How can I get sshexec to fail when the first command fails?
>
> Later,
> BEDick

S I

ANT <CVS> Task

S I
Hi

I have my ant script to tag our cvs repository projects with the build#
recursively after modifying couple of files and continue to do the build.
However, if the build down the line fails, I do not have any failsafe
mechanism to untag or undo, so I could reuse the same tag and since my
build.number file is internally incremented already...if I run c:\>ant
target target, naturally I'd get the next build#, so on & so forth.  How do
I wanna handle this or does it matter when I skip builds and annouce random
builds?

Thanks

Steven

Re: ANT <CVS> Task

Alexey Solofnenko-2
I do not think anybody really cares if you skip few build numbers, but
CVS tagging can be expensive, so it is better to do it after your build
successfully finishes.

- Alexey.

S I wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have my ant script to tag our cvs repository projects with the
> build# recursively after modifying couple of files and continue to do
> the build.  However, if the build down the line fails, I do not have
> any failsafe mechanism to untag or undo, so I could reuse the same tag
> and since my build.number file is internally incremented already...if
> I run c:\>ant target target, naturally I'd get the next build#, so on
> & so forth.  How do I wanna handle this or does it matter when I skip
> builds and annouce random builds?
>
> Thanks
>
> Steven

S I

Re: ANT <CVS> Task

S I
Here's then another question:

Normally, I tag cvs repository as soon as I checkout since I do not lock the
repository during a build.  If I tag after a successful build, don't I take
the chance of someone checking in code between the time I checked out to
build's completion?  If someone checked in code while I was building then
the integrity of my build is questionable, no?

Then again I'm not clear of CVS Tagging architecture, in the sense, that
whether it matches my local working folder's date/time stamp to the live
repository and that is what it tags only or tags the live repository at its
current state?   Which is the case?  Does it matter when a buildmaster tags
their project?

Re: ANT <CVS> Task

Alexey Solofnenko-2
If I am not mistaken, you tag file revisions that are currently loaded
in your sand box. If you used ClearCase with dynamic view the files
could be changed on a fly, but with CVS it will not happen.

- Alexey.

S I wrote:

> Here's then another question:
>
> Normally, I tag cvs repository as soon as I checkout since I do not
> lock the repository during a build.  If I tag after a successful
> build, don't I take the chance of someone checking in code between the
> time I checked out to build's completion?  If someone checked in code
> while I was building then the integrity of my build is questionable, no?
>
> Then again I'm not clear of CVS Tagging architecture, in the sense,
> that whether it matches my local working folder's date/time stamp to
> the live repository and that is what it tags only or tags the live
> repository at its current state?   Which is the case?  Does it matter
> when a buildmaster tags their project?

RE: ANT <CVS> Task

Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)
Comments below...

This is true only if you are doing an rtag. A cvs tag will label what you currently have checked out in your workspace.

> Then again I'm not clear of CVS Tagging architecture, in the
> sense, that
> whether it matches my local working folder's date/time stamp
> to the live
> repository and that is what it tags only or tags the live
> repository at its
> current state?   Which is the case?  Does it matter when a
> buildmaster tags
> their project?

cvs rtag will tag the repository, cvs tag will tag your workspace. Two options:

1. cvs rtag, then checkout the tag with cvs co -r tagname
2. cvs co first, then cvs tag

These two possibilities will ensure that what you are building is what is tagged, and vice-versa.

-Rob A

S I

RE: ANT <CVS> Task

S I
Great Rob. Thank you very much. Your explanation made it very clear. Thanks
again :)

AntHill Question

S I
Sorry, don't know where to post this.  It's really an Anthill question.

I created a schedule in anthill (http://localhost:8080/anthill/ and running
tomcat) on my winXP and I embedded the an ampersand in the name(e.g. A&B
Project); now I get error messages that I can not delete or edit it.  Anyone
has any ideas?

I have a opinion poll: What's your preference between the 3?

Anthill (Free or paid version)
Cruisecontrol
Maven

Re: AntHill Question

Alexey Solofnenko-2
If the name is stored in XML try renaming it manually, then deleting it
via GUI. I think the reason for the failure is the failure to encode
ampersand. Try putting HTML or XML its encodings. Also maybe AntHill is
already fixed. Did you try its latest version?

- Alexey.

S I wrote:

> Sorry, don't know where to post this.  It's really an Anthill question.
>
> I created a schedule in anthill (http://localhost:8080/anthill/ and
> running tomcat) on my winXP and I embedded the an ampersand in the
> name(e.g. A&B Project); now I get error messages that I can not delete
> or edit it.  Anyone has any ideas?
>
> I have a opinion poll: What's your preference between the 3?
>
> Anthill (Free or paid version)
> Cruisecontrol
> Maven

RE: AntHill Question

Murali Polanthan
- Stop Anthill.
- Look in the <ANTHILL_HOME>/projects directory.  There should be a file
called 'A&B
Project.anthill'.  Rename that file (or you can just delete it).  I
suggest not to use spaces either if you rename.
- Restart Anthill and you should be good.

You may also want to look at the <ANTHILL_HOME>/publishDir and also
rename the 'A&B Project' directory if it exists.